Reply
on3luv210sa 67 kids; San Antonio, Texas 353 posts
24th Feb '12
Quoting kr.r:" They're mistaken in saying that. Viability is at 24 weeks."


the earliest ive heard is 24 weeks and thats a miracle the odds r very small at that many weeks and they struggle to survive my friend jackies daughter was born @ 24 weeks and she was in the hospital for 5 months she weighed 1 1/2 pounds

*~Terra~* 65 kids; Montgomery, Pennsylvania 32918 posts
24th Feb '12
Quoting rosesmistakes:" well apparently my sister's in a crisis herself. So I guess I'm out. In a way I guess this is my chance ... [snip!] ... just don't feel so positive about it... I hate being on my own... thanks to everyone who tried to give constructive advice..."


Good luck!

7 blessings so far.... Due February 3; 6 kids; Glen Burnie, Maryland 8799 posts
25th Feb '12
Quoting SerynitysMommy!:" Not true. They released my daughter to me when I tested positive. OP, I personally have never been in a situation like yours, but my sister has. I hope everything works out for you, for the best."


it depends on the type of drug........when my sister tested positive she had to have a note from her obgyn signing of that the drugs in her system were being monitored under a ''treatment program'' and not ''street drugs'' (she was on suboxin, at the time) baby had to stay an extra day at hospital since it was a weekend and her doc wasnt on call to provide the release! (we r in maryland though, so it may be different)

Summerfrost 51 kids; Massachusetts 6861 posts
25th Feb '12

OP - This is a hard situation with no real good option no matter what the choice is. I hope that you are able to find a way through this and are able to find some peace in the decision you make.



Viability is 24 weeks and survival is about 50% (depending on the hospital and situation). At 23 weeks it's about 25%, but normally with big issues. I had my first son at 23 weeks. He didn't make it. At 19 weeks, there's no way a baby could survive outside.

SerynityAndTrinitysMommy! 2 kids; Savannah, GA, United States 580 posts
25th Feb '12
Quoting 5 blessings so far....:" it depends on the type of drug........when my sister tested positive she had to have a note from her ... [snip!] ... since it was a weekend and her doc wasnt on call to provide the release! (we r in maryland though, so it may be different)"


I tested positive for marijuana, and they still released my DD. But they brought in CPS & me & DH had to agree to take random drug tests & attend substance abuse classes.

rosesmistakes Due June 22 (girl); 18 kids; Henderson, Nevada 37 posts
28th Feb '12

I am keeping it actually.

kr.r 1 child; Dallas, TX, United States 8737 posts
28th Feb '12
Quoting rosesmistakes:" I am keeping it actually."


Congratulations, mama! Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!

B( o )( o )BS! 3 kids; Oregon 25900 posts
28th Feb '12
Quoting rosesmistakes:" I am keeping it actually."


I'm glad you were able to come to a decision. I think that you can turn things around for yourself and your new baby if you stay strong. Best of luck.

user banned Due July 3; 2 kids; Australia 14351 posts
29th Feb '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting rosesmistakes:</b>" I am keeping it actually."</blockquote>




Good luck, i hope this baby can be a new start for u

Mellissa28 Due September 3 (boy); 1 child; Sussex, Wisconsin 795 posts
29th Feb '12
Quoting rosesmistakes:" I am keeping it actually."


Congrats! Hope all goes well