40 weeks and 5 cm dilated Samantha Goodman Due March 2; Wisconsin 2 posts
3rd Mar '12

I am 40 weeks tomorrow, and on Wednesday my OB told me I was all ready 5 cm dilated. He stripped my membranes but that didn't do anything. I am still having no contractions or any signs that my baby is wanted to come meet everyone. It is a little frustrating because with my first pregnancy, I was in full labor when I was 3.5 cm dilated. I have tried walking, having sex and I am now even trying sitting on an exercise ball. I really do not want to have to be induced. Do anyone have any ideas to help get me in full labor?

P3RvYmCp3rv 2 kids; Carlyle, Illinois 11904 posts
3rd Mar '12

I was only 1 cm when my water broke with A at 40 weeks 4 days. :) They tried stripping my membranes at 39 weeks 6 days and it didn't do anything at all. :)

Meg and Nora's Mommy 2 kids; Bridgewater, Massachusetts 3915 posts
3rd Mar '12

My hospital admits at four centimeters, good luck!

~*~ Spring Baby #2 ~*~ 19 kids; Wisconsin 3584 posts
3rd Mar '12

Be happy your already half way there.... laboring shouldn't take you to long!! GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!

3rd Mar '12
Quoting KJ0525:" My hospital admits at four centimeters, good luck!"

What is the point in that if you aren't in labor? Just asking not trying to be rude.

m o m ♥ 2 kids; Ontario 7945 posts
3rd Mar '12

Half Way! it's coming soon. My friend was over due a few weeks ago and was at 5cm as well. She had him later that night

3rd Mar '12
Quoting P3RvYmCp3rv:" What is the point in that if you aren't in labor? Just asking not trying to be rude. "

Yah!!! That doesn't make sense.... I would have been in there for 3 wks if that was the case!

DeanJade&Mak's Mom 3 kids; Covina, CA, United States 8822 posts
3rd Mar '12

Lol ur rightt there n just stuck, the night I went into labor with my 3rd the day b 4 I was 1 cm soo I. Was like ehhh not happening tonight I decided to stay up late playing games on my phone and like 2:00 am I got these 2 pains I was like ehhh he's just messing with me went away 2:30 came I had to pee water broke on potty I was like grrreaaat the 1 night I wasn't ready for him n I just wanted to sleep lol
Sooo my advice pretend like ur not ready lol

3rd Mar '12
Quoting ~*~ Spring Baby #2 ~*~:" Yah!!! That doesn't make sense.... I would have been in there for 3 wks if that was the case!"

Lol. my friend walked around at 6 cm and 75% effaced for 5 days before she had her son. She said she went from not having contractions at all to not even being able to walk. lol

user banned 2 kids; Indiana 12251 posts
3rd Mar '12
Quoting Samantha Goodman:" I am 40 weeks tomorrow, and on Wednesday my OB told me I was all ready 5 cm dilated. He stripped my membranes ... [snip!] ... sitting on an exercise ball. I really do not want to have to be induced. Do anyone have any ideas to help get me in full labor?"

how crazy! i was only 2cm in active labor with my DD. but anyway, i would say walk. try curb walking, stair walking. i just know they had me walk to progress in the hospital for 2 hours. i went from a 2 to a 4 after they had stripped my membranes

3rd Mar '12
Quoting P3RvYmCp3rv:" Lol. my friend walked around at 6 cm and 75% effaced for 5 days before she had her son. She said she went from not having contractions at all to not even being able to walk. lol"

I was 4 cm forever!!!! and then
I went in on Wednesday to get checked and was 5 cm.... went in the next morning so she could break my water and I had him in 3 hours!!! IT WAS FAST! I was 2 days overdue, didn't want to go in but glad I did he had pooped. And after he had his next BM in his diaper it was NORMAL colored... not black and tar like other babies, it was a brown liquid poop. So, it was a good thing I went in.

tatesmommy09 2 kids; Illinois 4003 posts
3rd Mar '12

I was 5 cm when they broke my water with my 2nd a d she was born 36 minutes later!!!! I had an hour drive to the hospital so there is no wat i would have made it if my water would have broken at home!!

His Crazy Mum 1 child; Ohio 1735 posts
3rd Mar '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting P3RvYmCp3rv:</b>" What is the point in that if you aren't in labor? Just asking not trying to be rude. "</blockquote>

My hopsital does the same thing. But if your not having contactiins or anything then they usualy let you go after and hour of monitoring.
be happy your already dilating. Im over 40 weeks and have went up a half a cm in a week. Bring me to a WHOPPING 1cm :/