32 week preemie what to expect? ♥ The Prodigy Due March 3 (boy); 33 kids; Perth, Australia 5617 posts
7th Mar '12

im 32 weeks pregnant and today i got told they think he is going to try and come early i hve been having on and off pain and his head is lower then it should be, next week i am having a ultrasound and they will check my cervix also. what should i expect if he does come now?how much did yours weigh?and how long spent in the NICU? they want me to atleast try and make it till 34 weeks but they arnt sure that will happen :( i really hope he will be ok.

Elizabeth Hart 2 kids; Christchurch, nz, New Zealand 588 posts
7th Mar '12

not sure about 32 weeks but My aunt had a 34 weeker with IUGR and she spent three weeks in NICU but didnt need oxygen, she just needed to work through a few feeding issues and get her weight to a certain point (cant remember how much)

A.K.'s Mommy❤TTC#2 TTC since Jul 2013; 1 child; Dayton, Ohio 1803 posts
7th Mar '12
Quoting jade n my boys ♥:" im 32 weeks pregnant and today i got told they think he is going to try and come early i hve been having ... [snip!] ... NICU? they want me to atleast try and make it till 34 weeks but they arnt sure that will happen :( i really hope he will be ok."

I had my baby at 32 weeks due to pre-e; He was 3 lbs 13 oz & 17.5 inches long. He was in the NICU for only 3 weeks because he came out doing so well & progressed quickly.

Mommy/Wifey/Student Due May 12 (boy); 1 child; Morgan City, Louisiana 3057 posts
7th Mar '12

I haven't personally experienced having a premie, but my nephew was. He was born at 25 weeks. He's now 7 years old!!
Your docs will take wonderful care of you and your baby! I will keep y'all in my prayers!
Please keep us posted.

*WishingUponAStar* 2 kids; 4 angel babies; Lawton, Oklahoma 18442 posts
7th Mar '12

My son was born at 28.1 weeks and will be 3 years old at the end of this month! :D I know it is scary, but I am sure everything will be alright. My son weighed 2 lbs 11 oz at 28 weeks. I did have a daughter born at 34 weeks, but she was stillborn due to bad doctors and me having severe pre-eclampsia...she weighed 4 lbs 6 oz and was 17 inches long though.

♥ The Prodigy Due March 3 (boy); 33 kids; Perth, Australia 5617 posts
7th Mar '12

thanks ladies will defs keep you all updated, sorry for your loss wishinguponastar that must have been heartbreaking :( this is my first child but 3rd pregnancy so i am totally freaking out :( but hopefully he will bake another few weeks!

Mama Casey 1 child; Wisconsin 257 posts
8th Mar '12

I had ours at 34 weeks and six days I have kidneys problems and my body totally could not handle the pregnancy anymore but I had a steroid shot like a week or two before we had her to help with her lungs. She was delivered via c section got a little fluid in her lungs so she needed just a puff of oxygen and was out in a week at my hospital nursery. She was having temp problems and had to go back to the hospital for a couple more days. When she was born she was 4 lbs 2.3 ozs 17 in long, she is now 8 months old and about 18 lbs and doing well! Good luck to you hope your baby holds as long as possible!

taking a look at life Palm beach gardens, FL, United States 49132 posts
8th Mar '12

My firend i think said her baby was 24 weeks not sure and she spend 5 months in the NICU at winnie palamer childrens..... she was just over 1 lbs when she was born and fit in the palm of my hand she is now 10 months 6 months adjusted.

Good luck op...

Off topic we took her to see her NICU nurses yestarday.

Ryleigh's Mama ♥ 17 kids; West Virginia 10703 posts
20th Mar '12

i was told the same thing at 30 weeks when i started having consistent contractions. i made it to 35 weeks 1 day & my water broke. LO was 5 lbs. 8 oz & 18 1/2 inches long & had ZERO NICU time :) She was perfectly healthy other than a little jaundice & went home after four days :) hope you have a healthy delivery & baby!

22nd Mar '12
Quoting Amber [she's here!]:" i was told the same thing at 30 weeks when i started having consistent contractions. i made it to 35 ... [snip!] ... She was perfectly healthy other than a little jaundice & went home after four days :) hope you have a healthy delivery & baby!"

naww bless my mate had hers at 35 weeks and he was fine too apart from jaundice and weighed 5lbs 16 oz i think, no nicu stay at all and they went home after 5 days.

thanks everyone im 34 weeks today and hes still in there so hopefully he will keep cooking for another few weeks although everyday he seems to drop a little lower but apart from the uncomfortableness everythings good! :)

Ryleigh's Mama ♥ 17 kids; West Virginia 10703 posts
22nd Mar '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting jade n my boys ♥:</b>" naww bless my mate had hers at 35 weeks and he was fine too apart from jaundice and weighed 5lbs 16 oz ... [snip!] ... another few weeks although everyday he seems to drop a little lower but apart from the uncomfortableness everythings good! :)"</blockquote>

that's great mama :) my LO dropped at 31 wks & i was miserable. the minute i saw her face & heard her cry i forgot every single pain :)

22nd Mar '12
Quoting Amber [she's here!]:" <blockquote><b>Quoting jade n my boys ♥:</b>" naww bless my mate had hers at ... [snip!] ... mama :) my LO dropped at 31 wks & i was miserable. the minute i saw her face & heard her cry i forgot every single pain :)"

yer it does make life quite miserable having them drop so early i need to get more sleep before he comes but he aint gunna let that happen as my bladder is now his pillow :( but atleast hes not on his way yet :) thanks mama