34 weeks and haven't gained any weight in weeks Her Milk Machine [EBF] 19 kids; Macon, Georgia 5811 posts
10th Mar '12

I am 34 weeks 1 day and have not gained a single ounce in the last 5 weeks. I have only gained 3 lbs this entire pregnancy. I am so puzzled. Anyone else go through this? Baby is just fine, measuring 1 day ahead of my due date, and my fundus (sp) is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule, but somehow I am not gaining anything at all. Not complaining by any means, it's just weird. I gained almost 70 lbs with baby #1, baby #2 I gained 35ish, and this time 3 lbs. So weird!

Claudia Jenkins 3 kids; Texas 402 posts
10th Mar '12

I lost weight with all 3 of my pregnancies.

Shannon +4 Due February 16; 52 kids; Beaumont, Alberta 7828 posts
10th Mar '12

With my second I did not gain a single pound! 1 week after having her I was down 30 lbs then my pre pregnancy weight!

BTJ&A 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Phoenix, Arizona 9597 posts
10th Mar '12

I dunno but that sounds weird. I started off at 115 and I'm 153 now :lol:

Lyrical Lucy 4 kids; California 1249 posts
10th Mar '12

If the Doctors checked you out and your blood pressure and labs and everything is right on track, they focus more on the baby getting bigger than you. As long as baby is gaining and doing fine you are OK Mama.
With my 3rd I did not gain an ounce until 37 weeks and he was 10.5lbs.

amy & adrian +3 3 kids; Wisconsin 821 posts
10th Mar '12
Quoting Her Milk Machine [EBF]:" I am 34 weeks 1 day and have not gained a single ounce in the last 5 weeks. I have only gained 3 lbs ... [snip!] ... by any means, it's just weird. I gained almost 70 lbs with baby #1, baby #2 I gained 35ish, and this time 3 lbs. So weird!"

That is weird I gainned 34lbs with my first, 45lbs with my second and right now im 23 weeks prego and only gainned 6lbs so far the whole time.

Her Milk Machine [EBF] 19 kids; Macon, Georgia 5811 posts
10th Mar '12

Glad to know I am not the only one. I admit I started out overweight (193 lbs) and am now 196 lbs at 5'7". Maybe being overweight, I have dropped some of the fat and just gained baby belly back instead? I know I will feel great leaving the hospital at lower than my prepregnancy weight, unlike the other times. The first time, I still have 40 lbs to lose the day I left the hospital, and lost it in the 5.5 months I breastfed my son. The second time, I had 20 lbs to lose but it looked like I still had way more, and then 2 weeks postpartum, I was skinnier than before getting pregnant, and somehow while exclusively breastfeeding my little girl, I started packing on pounds like crazy and wound up gaining about 40 lbs over a years time. I quit nursing her 5 months ago at 4 months pregnant because everything got too sensitive and she was biting me like crazy. I also had terrible morning sickness to the point of losing 20 lbs, so technically I have gained back 23 lbs, but I don't really count the 20 I started with in the first place. It will be great to step on a scale and see that I am out of the 190's though. This is the heaviest I have ever been and I don't want to go back once I start losing it!!!

Suzanne Bryant Mercer Due April 21; Alberta 16 posts
10th Mar '12

I'm 34 weeks as well I lost 18lbs in the beginning I'm still down 12lbs and haven't gained in forever but I figured as long as babes is growing good no big deal I had some extra weight to lose and with food adversions in the beginning and now watching what I eat cause I've got gestational diabetes I figure that's why I'm not gainning as much as I did with my first two pregnancies. 40lbs with my first and 25 with my second :)

Laura Daw TTC since Jun 2012; 2 kids; Salisbury, United Kingdom 88 posts
11th Mar '12

when i was pregnant with my first i went from 181 pound to 203 and never lost it this time i have only put on like 6pounds and im 32 weeks iv been shocked that i havent put on more i have just been eating anything i fancy and whenever i feel like it (within reason) so i dont know how its possible

Sylvana Felice Due April 7; Gibraltar 14 posts
11th Mar '12

It's probably because you're looking after yourself better. I too didn't gain much weight in my first and probably not this one either. It makes it easier after.

Her Milk Machine [EBF] 19 kids; Macon, Georgia 5811 posts
16th Mar '12

Turns out I spoke too soon... I gained 3 lbs in the last 3 days. :( BUT I also started walking the past 3 days as well- a 5K the first day, 2 miles the second day, and a 5K for day 3. Hoping its muscle building? IDK! Kind of upsetting but it will be ok. 6 lbs gained total for this pregnancy and 5 weeks til my due date now.

Mama 2 N+S+C+Y 20 kids; Omaha, Nebraska 665 posts
16th Mar '12

thats ok not to gain weight..as long as the baby is healthy..Im 27 weeks and still down 5 lbs from the beginning