35 weeks lower back and pelvic pressure sissyrae Due April 29; 1 child; Salem, Oregon 88 posts
19th Mar '12

Im 35 weeks and have been having some lower back pains yesterday and today. With that I also have pelvic pains that r kind of sharp and uncomfortable and some wetness not alot but enough that I notice it. Not sure if I should be worried or if this is normal. Y drs isn't open yet for me to call. Any of you ladies experienced this?

AllyssaB. 19 kids; Illinois 187 posts
19th Mar '12

Yes and it sounds like labor! W/my 2nd I experienced lower back pain, but w/my 1st I didn't so I had no idea. When u say pelvic pressure, sounds like baby is going down. If I were u I'd call as soon as they open...wait don't they take after hour calls?

Lady Anon Due December 25 (girl); 1 child; Davenport, Iowa 4610 posts
19th Mar '12

Tough to say. For about a month I get back pain that comes and goes an the pelvic thing just sounds like baby dropping. I started getting pains around the same time.

19th Mar '12

Is the back pain agonizing?? R u able to go about ur day???

sissyrae Due April 29; 1 child; Salem, Oregon 88 posts
19th Mar '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting AllyssaB.:</b>" Yes and it sounds like labor! W/my 2nd I experienced lower back pain, but w/my 1st I didn't so I had ... [snip!] ... pressure, sounds like baby is going down. If I were u I'd call as soon as they open...wait don't they take after hour calls?"</blockquote>

Did you experience any other symptoms with your second. Im at work finding it hard to stay however I cant leave until I call my Dr.
I tried taking a bath last night it didn't help and im noticing my baby is moving more but its so painful almost like contractions with my daughter

19th Mar '12

How often r these pains? Is it constant? W/my 2nd it started w/just the lower back pain and then the pressure.. if I were u, id talk to a nurse or a Dr..asap! I almost didn't make it to the hospital. I was pushing in the elevator and delivered her on my own. I'm not trying to scare u but, I would contact ur ob!!!!

Stacy Cogan Due March 27 (girl); United Kingdom 9 posts
19th Mar '12

Hey, i am almost 39 weeks and i have been having exactly the same things followed by contractions constantly but no progress i wouldnt worry yourself over back pain and sharp pains its just your body preparing itself for labour you will no when labour has begun but ur in early stages at the moment so just keep active it will speed things up a bit :)