35 weeks tana1991 1 child; Stockton, Illinois 1711 posts
26th Mar '12

My little guy was born friday morning after being induced due to IUGR. He was 4 pounds 5 ounces and now is only 3lbs 13 ounces. He is strong and didn't have to go the the nicu...he is great at breastfeeding, but since my milk is not in yet we are also giving him formula. If all goes well he will be able to go home today!! i got discharged yesterday but the nurses let me stay in my room all night since they were not full. I just had to be out before 4 this morning so "management" didn't know. They are so wonderful up here, I am currently in a guest room that i was able to rent in the hospital but hopefully we can go home today =]
%3Ca%20href=100_0158.jpg" />%3Ca%20href=100_0107.jpg" />100_0056.jpg%3Ca%20href=100_0155.jpg" />

[lak] Maine 11050 posts
26th Mar '12

So itty bitty! Congrats mama :)

Fatty McRunnerPants 2 kids; 4 angel babies; Clearlake, California 59390 posts
26th Mar '12

Congrats but please if you're supplementing at least pump as well.

Sonia Tuckerman 34 kids; Australia 855 posts
26th Mar '12

Oh congratulations. He is a little cutie. That's great he is feeding well, and didn't have to go to nicu. Enjoy motherhood. Some tough times but some fantastic special times. Good luck sweet. Your milk will come when its ready. My son needed supplementing, only cos he wanted food straight away, but I breast fed and got the milk in and everything was fine.

Noah && Libbys Mommy :) 2 kids; Florida 575 posts
26th Mar '12

He is soooo cute!! Thats amazing that he didnt have to go to the nicu. Thats a scary place, but also does miracles. Im glad he's healthy :)

tana1991 1 child; Stockton, Illinois 1711 posts
26th Mar '12

Thanks ladies=]...and yes i am pumping...the nurses here are amazing and we have a great schedule going on. He nurses on my for awhile, then he gets any little bit of goodness i managed to pump (he get it through a syringe) then he gets his bottle, then we try the breast again just to have some mommy baby time and then he goes back under the billy lights and then i pump for the next feeding.

If all goes well we will go home tomorrow depending on his jaundice numbers =]

Ryleigh's Mama ♥ 17 kids; West Virginia 10703 posts
27th Mar '12

congratulations :) he's beautiful! my daughter was also born at 35 weeks & had no nicu time as well :) she had to stay the couple extra days for jaundice too but that's nothing! yay for our little fighters <3

tana1991 1 child; Stockton, Illinois 1711 posts
28th Mar '12
Quoting Ryleigh's Mommy ♥:" congratulations :) he's beautiful! my daughter was also born at 35 weeks & had no nicu time as well :) ... [snip!] ... time as well :) she had to stay the couple extra days for jaundice too but that's nothing! yay for our little fighters <3"

omigosh!! That is exactly what happened to Devin...we have some awesome babies!! are you breastfeeding??

Ryleigh's Mama ♥ 17 kids; West Virginia 10703 posts
28th Mar '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting tana1991:</b>" omigosh!! That is exactly what happened to Devin...we have some awesome babies!! are you breastfeeding??"</blockquote>

yes i am! she latched on right after she was born & nurses like a champ! we had to supplement her for a couple weeks but we are done with that now :) i did the exact thing with the pumping, supplementing, & putting her back in the billi lights. i hated having to put her in there because she hated it, but for a 35 weeker we couldn't complain that that's all she had to go through.

we are both very blessed mamas :)

Gorgeydiana Gonzalez Japan 1 posts
2nd Apr '12
Quoting tana1991:" My little guy was born friday morning after being induced due to IUGR. He was 4 pounds 5 ounces and now ... [snip!] ... currently in a guest room that i was able to rent in the hospital but hopefully we can go home today =] " />" />" />"