32 Weeker Amani's Mommy ♥ 1 child; Posen, Illinois 463 posts
28th Mar '12

My Son was born at 32 weeks. He is now 15 months and he is still not walking. He takes steps with us holding him but not by himself. Has anyone had the same problem, and at what age did your LO start walking?

2Pieces^of^Heaven 2 kids; Fort Wayne, Indiana 3218 posts
28th Mar '12

i didnt have a premie but my daughter is now 1 and she is starting to take steps by herself every once in awhile. Kids walk at their own pace. maybe consult your doctor if u feel like there is a certain reason he isnt walking.
my daughter just seems to know she can crawl faster so why walk! lol

*mommy to a 3rd* 3 kids; Utah 3761 posts
28th Mar '12

My son and daughter started walking around 15 months .

Amani's Mommy ♥ 1 child; Posen, Illinois 463 posts
28th Mar '12
Quoting 2Pieces^of^Heaven:" i didnt have a premie but my daughter is now 1 and she is starting to take steps by herself every once ... [snip!] ... if u feel like there is a certain reason he isnt walking. my daughter just seems to know she can crawl faster so why walk! lol"

Yes he crawls too. I think thats the reason why he doesn't want to take steps on his own, and I did tell his Doctor she said everyone is different so hopefully soon. It's just that he's super heavy and he loves to be carried especially by me.
And it kills my back lol.

2Pieces^of^Heaven 2 kids; Fort Wayne, Indiana 3218 posts
28th Mar '12
Quoting Amani's Mommy ♥:" Yes he crawls too. I think thats the reason why he doesn't want to take steps on his own, and I did tell ... [snip!] ... so hopefully soon. It's just that he's super heavy and he loves to be carried especially by me. And it kills my back lol."

sounds like my daughter . she is a hold me baby and a damn fast crawler!! lol

Mrs. Post-tato Head 4 kids; 1 angel baby; 6828 posts
28th Mar '12

My son was born at 37 weeks and he didn't even take his first step until he was 15 months.

G and Goob's momma 34 kids; Green Cove Springs, Florida 10267 posts
28th Mar '12

My son was a 32 weeker, he started walking around 11 months. He was a little delayed on sitting up on his own and crawling. He didn't start doing either of those until he was 8-9 months.

Jess✿ 3 kids; Australia 4334 posts
28th Mar '12

Son 1 was born at 39 weeks & walked at 11 months
Son 2 was born at 38+3 weeks & walked at 16 months

They seriously just do it on their own time. My friend's daughter is 17 months old & still isn't walking independently. She will walk with assistance but as soon as she is on her own she just drops on her butt.

My youngest didn't walk for ages until we really pushed him practising to walk & giving him so much praise when he took his first early shaky step.

He will get there, I wouldn't start to really worry until about 20 months or even 2 years. I've known plenty of kids to not walk until 18+ months. It's hard not to worry but he will get there :)

28th Mar '12
Quoting 2Pieces^of^Heaven:" sounds like my daughter . she is a hold me baby and a damn fast crawler!! lol"

Lol. We're on the same page then, :)

{tamz} Due September 2; 1 child; Maryland 2534 posts
28th Mar '12

I wasn't a preemie, but I didn't started walking until around 15 months. Your little guy is still 13 months adjusted, don't worry, he will

28th Mar '12
Quoting Mrs. Post-tato Head
28th Mar '12
Quoting Goobs Mom [16]:" My son was a 32 weeker, he started walking around 11 months. He was a little delayed on sitting up on his own and crawling. He didn't start doing either of those until he was 8-9 months."

My LO didn't delay doing the sitting up just the walking. I mean he started to stand up on his own like at 8 months but he just got up and then he just sat and started crawling if he wanted to get somewhere or get something.

28th Mar '12
Quoting Jess'p✿:" Son 1 was born at 39 weeks & walked at 11 months Son 2 was born at 38+3 weeks & walked at 16 ... [snip!] ... months or even 2 years. I've kno\wn plenty of kids to not walk until 18+ months. It's hard not to worry but he will get there :)"

Thanks so much for you info.

28th Mar '12
Quoting TamaraL:" I wasn't a preemie, but I didn't started walking until around 15 months. Your little guy is still 13 months adjusted, don't worry, he will"

He's not 13 he's 15 months. And I hope he adjust real soon. Lol

Mrs. Post-tato Head 4 kids; 1 angel baby; 6828 posts
28th Mar '12
Quoting Amani's Mommy ♥:" Oh, well that doesn't make me feel so bad then."

Kids start walking at ALL different ages. As long as he's pulling up and crawling at least, I'm sure he's fine.