3 yrd old with white stool?? mom to 2 beauitful daught 3 kids; Rockwall, Texas 15 posts
28th Mar '12

My 3 yr old daughter had white stool last nite an then again this morning. she is going to the drs today but i was wondering what it could be cuz she has been fine till yesterday. She has had a cold the pass could of weeks an is gettin over that but then this started. Her stool is really lose an messes really really bad to were i almost get sick to my stomach helping her an she has never had a bm that smelled like this. She complains that her stomach has been hurting an has been throwing up, after she gets sick she said she feels fine an that nothing is wrong with her. I have read that it was her liver an it has me every worried that my baby has something wrong with her. plz if someone can give me some advice on what it might be an what the treatment she will need. Also i have a 2 weeks old that i am wondering if she should stay away from till i find out what is going on. I am really scared that something is seriouly wrong with my baby an i just want her to get better.

Momlette of 3 Due December 25 (girl); 3 kids; Ohio 25512 posts
28th Mar '12

It's a good thing you're going to the doc today! They should let you know what's going on. My daughter had white poop a couple times but was never that sick with it. She was fine, I forget why they said it was white....but they weren't concerned and she was fine.

Raegan & Luke's Momma 2 kids; Oklahoma 17345 posts
28th Mar '12

Has she had any change in her diet?

When I changed Raegan to white milk at a year old.. she had white stool.

I took her to the dr to make sure she was okay.. and the dr said she was fine.

I'd call the dr..to make sure everything is fine..

I ate captain crunch every day for a week... and it made my poop bright green. lol no lie.

mom to 2 beauitful daught 3 kids; Rockwall, Texas 15 posts
28th Mar '12
Quoting Raegan & Luke's Momma:" Has she had any change in her diet? When I changed Raegan to white milk at a year old.. she had white ... [snip!] ... make sure everything is fine.. I ate captain crunch every day for a week... and it made my poop bright green. lol no lie."

There has been no change in her diet at all an shes been on white milk since she was 1 an hasnt had a problem with it. Shes been eating the same thing i have an i havnt had no change in my stool except it has been lose a couple times since i have had my son. im just really worried about it cuz i have read that it would be her liver which scares me to death

jaela's♥mommy {BBM} 1 child; Lewisville, Texas 10628 posts
28th Mar '12

does it smell really bad? my DD had white stools that smelled like fish, super nasty, and it turned out she had an ear infection.

user banned Due November 3; 2 kids; Massachusetts 3782 posts
28th Mar '12

shadow.pngChalky and white baby poop

AKA: Abnormal Stool
Looks like: Pale, colorless, or white stool
A chalky white baby stool could be a sign of a lack of bile, which normally turns a stool brown.

What does it mean?

A white stool might be a sign of a liver or gallbladder problem. Bile is a digestive fluid made in the liver and stored in the gallbladder. Your baby's stool gets its normal color from the bile as it is excreted during digestion. If your baby's liver doesn't produce bile, or if the bile is obstructed, his stool will be white.

What should I do?

A white stool is very rare, but if your baby's poop is white, call your health care professional right away.

If you notice any of the following symptoms, call your health care professional right away:

• Blood or mucus in stools
  • Fever
  • Vomiting
  • Irritability
  • Refusal to eat
  • Decreased or dark-colored urine
  • Decreased activity

http://similac.com/feeding-nutrition/diaper-decoder

28th Mar '12
Quoting jaela's♥mommy {BBM}:" does it smell really bad? my DD had white stools that smelled like fish, super nasty, and it turned out she had an ear infection."

yes it smells really nasty to were it almost makes me sick. But she has been throwing up an not wanting to eat at all.

28th Mar '12
Quoting Cole + Damon = ♥:" Chalky and white baby poop AKA: Abnormal Stool Looks like: Pale, colorless, ... [snip!] ... to eatDecreased or dark-colored urineDecreased activity http://similac.com/feeding-nutrition/diaper-decoder"

she has had some of these systompes