17 and havin my first momma of an angel Due July 5 (girl); Arkansas 762 posts
17th Apr '12

Okay soo just lookin for some advice from otherr teen moms... im just feelin so helpless and stuck... i know 11 year olds who show off their pregnancies as easy... i dont know anything about being prego or about being a momma.. im scared and stressed about everything! I know i cant just think about myself but i dont know what i should do :'( any advice? And im sorry if i come off as whinny and like a cry baby i just wanna be the best momma i can be for my babygirl n im gettin so stressed the closer i get to my due date...

user banned 2 kids; New York 34017 posts
17th Apr '12

when are you due? your motherly instincts will kick in. are you living with your parents? will they help you? are you with the baby's father? do you work? have you graduated?

kr.r 1 child; Dallas, TX, United States 8737 posts
17th Apr '12

You know kids who are pregnant at 11 saying it's easy? :shock::shock::shock:

J ♡ N + 1 2 kids; Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina 1159 posts
17th Apr '12

It has nothing to do with your age...every new mom feels nervous, scared, and wtf do I do? :P Those mother instincts will kick in and you'll know exactly what to do when its time.

Mrs. Clemens Due June 17; TTC since Jan 2010; 34 kids; Norwich, New York 2095 posts
17th Apr '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting kr.r:</b>" You know kids who are pregnant at 11 saying it's easy? :shock::shock::shock:"</blockquote>

I'd like to second this.

I'm actually a virgin Due June 9; 1 child; Oregon 18466 posts
17th Apr '12

Do you have a good support system, spouse, parent's ?
Honestly, you learn... there are usually programs you can look up for teen moms in your area. Good luck

Diam0nd InThe Dust 18 kids; New York 865 posts
17th Apr '12
Quoting kr.r:" You know kids who are pregnant at 11 saying it's easy? :shock::shock::shock:"

whhhAAAttttt?? :O

momma of an angel Due July 5 (girl); Arkansas 762 posts
17th Apr '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Lil' Nugget.:</b>" when are you due? your motherly instincts will kick in. are you living with your parents? will they help you? are you with the baby's father? do you work? have you graduated?"</blockquote>

Im duee july 6th, livin with my mom, she helps as she can but works alot! N its still barly makin tthings, yea my bf(babys dad) is still here but we both lost our jobs. And yes i was tryin to get into college when i found oout i Was prego...but yes ii know an 11 year old who claims its easy... ii hopee you all are right.. just my depression plus hormones i guess...

Mrs. Clemens Due June 17; TTC since Jan 2010; 34 kids; Norwich, New York 2095 posts
17th Apr '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Skye's momma:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Lil' Nugget.:</b>" when are you due? your motherly instincts ... [snip!] ... yes ii know an 11 year old who claims its easy... ii hopee you all are right.. just my depression plus hormones i guess..."</blockquote>

Pretty sure I was still swooning over the backstreet boys at 11.... Not making babies. My god.....

17th Apr '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting kr.r:</b>" You know kids who are pregnant at 11 saying it's easy? :shock::shock::shock:"</blockquote>

Yup... girl here start young... 11, 12, even a 9 year old whoo concived herr baby at the bowlin allyy in our town

kr.r 1 child; Dallas, TX, United States 8737 posts
17th Apr '12
Quoting Skye's momma:" <blockquote><b>Quoting kr.r:</b>" You know kids who are pregnant at 11 saying it's ... [snip!] ... Yup... girl here start young... 11, 12, even a 9 year old whoo concived herr baby at the bowlin allyy in our town"

That's so fucked up. Kids havin' kids. A 9 year old isn't even in junior high yet, for goodness sake!

17th Apr '12

Yupp i got pregnantt my fiirst time but ii waiteed forr a man ii love( met him in chruch funny enough) but ii dont get startin at 9, 10, even 11

Karina Beck Due August 7; 1 child; Denton, Texas 358 posts
17th Apr '12

I didn't even have my period until I was like 11 and hun you will be fine I had my daughter when I was 15 and I'm 18 now pregnant with my second same bd its not easy at first but you get into a routine no new mom really knows what to do it just comes to you will will learn your baby no baby really is the same it will come to you like it did me and if you want you can pt me if you have any more questions

18th Apr '12

Thanks yall makes me feel better.. all i know is i love my daughter n im ready to have her in my arms... but just hopin i do well as a momma n dont screw up. Wass told all my life i was nothing by my aunt and my dad was never there plus mom workin alot.. i dont feel like much as is but to bring a baby into the mix just kinda a big deal...but i guess i should just stop stressin as much.. it should all work out right?

newdaydawning Colorado 30 posts
18th Apr '12

It's a good sign that you are considering the kind of parent you want to be. Your concerns and fears about pregnancy and parenting are completely normal. I was older when I had my son and had many of these same thoughts. No matter what other mothers may say, parenting is not easy, but it is filled with rewards. The thing I have to remind myself when things get tough is that it's a season. Pregnancy doesn't last forever, it's a season. The first few weeks after a baby is born and you get much less sleep, that's a season. A sweet little one taking naps in your arms, that's a season, too. I encourage you to check out this article about parenting newborns from an organizaton I am with called Focus on the Family. One of their main goals is to come alongside parents of any age, and offer support. I hope you'll check out some of the other articles in the Parenting section of our website as well as our Thriving Family site. Both of these offer some good advice to help you get started as a parent.

I want you to know that I'll be praying for you as you begin this parenting journey, asking God to you wisdom and strength as you bring up your daughter. One last thought, get some good reading and advice in now, before your daughter is born. You don't have to have it all figured out before July, but your time will be much more limited after the little one arrives. God's best to you!