35 weeks and water broke Jeremys Mommy 5-04-2012 Blairsville, Pennsylvania 131 posts
1st May '12

I'm 35 weeks and this passed Sunday evening my water started to leak so we came into the hospital and they are keeping me here until he comes but they won't induce me till I'm 36 weeks which is not until this up coming sunday... We have looked up online and have had family members tell us that its not good to go longer then 24-48 hours after your water breaks... And its been over 24 hours now and they still are not doing anything to get my son to come out... Idk what to do we were talking about getting transfered to another hospital since they won't do anything here for almost a week but we arnt sure if they would transfer me

Crystal 3 kids; Hephzibah, Georgia 15418 posts
status 1st May '12
Quoting Jeremys Mommy 5-23-2012:" I'm 35 weeks and this passed Sunday evening my water started to leak so we came into the hospital and ... [snip!] ... transfered to another hospital since they won't do anything here for almost a week but we arnt sure if they would transfer me"

You are in a hospital, they are doing their best to keep you in a sterile environment. They're checking for signs of infection. They're probably a little more worried about the fact that your child is not completely developed, than the fact you *could* get an infection.

Why go to another hospital? They're just going to do the same thing. Also, leaving the environment you're in would probably increase your risk of infection.

Jeremys Mommy 5-04-2012 Blairsville, Pennsylvania 131 posts
1st May '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Crystal Marie S.:</b>" You are in a hospital, they are doing their best to keep you in a sterile environment. They're checking ... [snip!] ... just going to do the same thing. Also, leaving the environment you're in would probably increase your risk of infection."</blockquote>

We were thinking about going to another hospital because we have had problems with this one when he tried to come 2 weeks ago... And they arnt doing anything to help I'm lucky if they even remember to come check on me or bring me my food trays

Lindsey nikole 1 child; Torrelara, Spain 2783 posts
1st May '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Jeremys Mommy 5-23-2012:</b>" I'm 35 weeks and this passed Sunday evening my water started to leak so we came into the hospital and ... [snip!] ... transfered to another hospital since they won't do anything here for almost a week but we arnt sure if they would transfer me"</blockquote>

Your in the hospital, the risk is because of infection and they can help that. My cousin went into labor at 30 weeks and her water broke didn't have him till 5 weeks later. You and baby will be fine if they didn't think so, they would have done something else

GavynsMomma Due July 28 (boy); 2 kids; Ontario 258 posts
1st May '12

This just happened to my cousin. She was 34 weeks when her water broke and went to the hospital. She stayed in the hospital because it is a sterile enviroment so its easier to keep infections out.They tried to hold off till 36 weeks also but her son was born at 34 weeks 4 days. He was 4 lbs 7.5 oz but perfectly healthy.

status 1st May '12
Quoting Jeremys Mommy 5-23-2012:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Crystal Marie S.:</b>" You are in a hospital, they are doing ... [snip!] ... weeks ago... And they arnt doing anything to help I'm lucky if they even remember to come check on me or bring me my food trays"

What kind of problems were you having 2 weeks ago?

Emma and Chloe's Momma 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Crawfordsville, IN, United States 12032 posts
1st May '12

It normally isn't but has your water fully broken yet? You said it was just leaking not completely broken. That would rise the chance of infection. They should be monitoring you closely. If you aren't comfortable with the service have someone in your family get a number to the director. Your going to make alot more problems leaving.

1st May '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Crystal Marie S.:</b>" What kind of problems were you having 2 weeks ago?"</blockquote>

I went into pre term labor and i had to call to have them help me to the bathroom and most of the time it took over an hour b4 someone would even come in to help me and at that I had to keep calling them

1st May '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Emma and Chloe's Momma:</b>" It normally isn't but has your water fully broken yet? You said it was just leaking not completely broken. ... [snip!] ... with the service have someone in your family get a number to the director. Your going to make alot more problems leaving."</blockquote>

When they checked to see if it was leaking they ruptured it the rest of the way by mistake and they arnt even monitoring me anymore they just have me in a room hooked up to an iv

status 1st May '12
Quoting Jeremys Mommy 5-23-2012:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Crystal Marie S.:</b>" What kind of problems were you having ... [snip!] ... and most of the time it took over an hour b4 someone would even come in to help me and at that I had to keep calling them"

That's the way it is in most hospital I've seen. They are so incredibly busy sometimes, that people don't even realize it. They have to prioritize. Help a girl go to the bathroom, or help the girl who is screaming her head off in pain? I'm not saying it's right, or that you should have to put up with it. But, the risk of leaving and going to another facility is so great,that I'd put up with a lot to stay there, knowing they already know your whole situation

status 1st May '12
Quoting Jeremys Mommy 5-23-2012:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Emma and Chloe's Momma:</b>" It normally isn't but has your ... [snip!] ... it the rest of the way by mistake and they arnt even monitoring me anymore they just have me in a room hooked up to an iv"

They are probably giving you antibiotics via IV as a precaution. Also, they probably won't check you often, as that increases the risk for infection.

CerealMakerWife♥ TTC since Apr 2013; 5 kids; Ukraine 36287 posts
1st May '12

They will deliver you here once you're 34 weeks. They said the infection risk isn't worth it past that point. I had my water brake at 35 week and delivered my son 5 hours later. My water broke at 32 weeks and they would have tried to keep me pregnant until 34 weeks then delivered me, but I had her a day later.

1st May '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting CerealMakerWife♥:</b>" They will deliver you here once you're 34 weeks. They said the infection risk isn't worth it past that ... [snip!] ... broke at 32 weeks and they would have tried to keep me pregnant until 34 weeks then delivered me, but I had her a day later."</blockquote>

See they won't here they are trying to get him to wait till I'm 36 weeks but arnt giving me any medicine to stop it so if he does decide to come they will let him

user banned 3 kids; Lincoln, Alabama 10353 posts
1st May '12

They probably have you hooked up to antibiotics. When my water broke they didn't deliver my son until 41 hours later, but they had me on antibiotics. Trust me if they think you are at risk they will deliver your son.

m0mof2bratz Due July 23 (boy); 18 kids; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 25 posts
1st May '12
Quoting Jeremys Mommy 5-23-2012:" I'm 35 weeks and this passed Sunday evening my water started to leak so we came into the hospital and ... [snip!] ... transfered to another hospital since they won't do anything here for almost a week but we arnt sure if they would transfer me"

It depends on what your dr wants to do. I had a friend fly several states and was 26 wks and her water broke, and they kept her on antibiotics for about 10 weeks and then induced her.