2 months early :( Thorian's Mommy 1 child; Westbrook, ME, United States 8415 posts
4th May '12

SO's cousin had her baby today. He was due July 5. As of right now I only know that he is 3 pounds and was rushed to our big hospital here that has a good nicu.

I'm 22 weeks right now and it makes me so nervous and scared to think my little man could be come that early. :(

Stephanie Onyembi 2 kids; Duluth, Minnesota 1514 posts
4th May '12

:( hope her baby is ok! But babies had made it at much earlier delivery so just stay positive!

MyPurrrtyBabies 3 kids; Alabama 8386 posts
4th May '12
Quoting Kay's Auntie(21wks):" SO's cousin had her baby today. He was due July 5. As of right now I only know that he is 3 pounds and ... [snip!] ... a good nicu. I'm 22 weeks right now and it makes me so nervous and scared to think my little man could be come that early. :("

I understand that. Thats normal. Every pregnant woman worries, and worries even harder if something happens to another pregnant mommy thats around her. The only thing you can really do is take the very best care of yourself.

mom2twins&a.princess 3 kids; North Carolina 171 posts
4th May '12

Aw well hope your so,s cousins baby gets healthier and healthier glad he is going to a good nicu! Dont stress yourself momma, I'm sure you will be fine! I'm a mo. To preemie twins and they are 10 months now an you would never know that they were ever premiez! It's normal to worry about having your baby early! Wishing you a healthy an happy rest of your 9 months

Damon's Mama 1 child; Kingman, Arizona 1403 posts
4th May '12

Best wishes for her baby...i know how you feel a friend of mine our due dates were days a part and she had her baby at 22 weeks and he didnt make it i just feel so bad for her and her husband and ever since i am been so scared for our little guy

Hannah & Haylee's Mommy! 18 kids; Riverview, Florida 1995 posts
4th May '12

if it makes you feel any better, my first daughter was born at 26 weeks which is three months early. Weighing 1lb 10oz, She is an amazing little two year old and she is very smart & has no health issues at all. She counts to 20, she knows her ABC's her vocabulary is amazing (says pedi) Just be positive little one will be ok!

Landon's Mommy *+2* Due October 20; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Cincinnati, Ohio 14943 posts
4th May '12

Oh my goodness! Hope her baby is okay. Those types of stories always scare me.. it could happen to anyone at any time.

Thorian's Mommy 1 child; Westbrook, ME, United States 8415 posts
4th May '12

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to here from someone soon on how he is doing. I'm so glad to have people on bg that can help calm my nerves. I've seen so many success stories but I guess its just hard being a first time mom.

MomDIA TTC since May 2008; 81 kids; Warminster, Pennsylvania 3812 posts
4th May '12
Quoting Kay's Auntie(21wks):" SO's cousin had her baby today. He was due July 5. As of right now I only know that he is 3 pounds and ... [snip!] ... a good nicu. I'm 22 weeks right now and it makes me so nervous and scared to think my little man could be come that early. :("

It is so normal to worry. Almost all of us in my family came early so I panicked my whole pregnancy. I was induced at 41 weeks lol. I hope your cousins baby is ok. I will pray for him. My sister was 1lb 9oz at birth she came 10 weeks early in 1997, she has a whole foot on me and is extremely smart! Science has come a long way, I will still pray!

A.K.'s Mommy❤TTC#2 TTC since Jul 2013; 1 child; Dayton, Ohio 1803 posts
7th May '12

Everything will be okay. (0: My son was born at 32 weeks because I ended with severe pre-e; & he is doing perfectly fine! He will be 6 months old on the 18th. (0: Just don't stress!