39 weeks....I WANT HIM OUT! HELP! Priscilla Taylor Due May 8; Japan 16 posts
8th May '12

I'm 39 weeks pregnant and ready for this pregnancy thing to be over with! I'm so miserable right now...
I see my doctor on Thursday and I'm hoping she will split my membranes!
Does it hurt? Will she do it for me at 39 weeks?
I've tried everything! I've been walking, bouncing on a ball, sex, pineapple, and the list goes on....AND NOTHING IS WORKING!
What has worked for you????

Squeaky McGee [20 wks] Due May 7 (boy); 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 66692 posts
status 8th May '12

Split your membranes?

Nothing is working, because your body isn't ready. Be patient.

Hathor + A Due December 23 (girl); 16 kids; Spring, Texas 12834 posts
8th May '12

You are not over due are you? It is all worth it. He'll be healthy.

LovinMyBubby Due February 22 (boy); 1 child; Pennsylvania 307 posts
8th May '12
Quoting Priscilla Taylor:" I'm 39 weeks pregnant and ready for this pregnancy thing to be over with! I'm so miserable right now... ... [snip!] ... been walking, bouncing on a ball, sex, pineapple, and the list goes on....AND NOTHING IS WORKING! What has worked for you????"

Try waiting 41 weeks (my case)! Only baby will tell you when it's ready.

~REAPER~ +2 baking #3 Due June 27; 2 kids; Toledo, Ohio 15039 posts
8th May '12
Quoting Priscilla Taylor:" I'm 39 weeks pregnant and ready for this pregnancy thing to be over with! I'm so miserable right now... ... [snip!] ... been walking, bouncing on a ball, sex, pineapple, and the list goes on....AND NOTHING IS WORKING! What has worked for you????"

stripping the membranes does not always work.. I just wanted to prepare you

Yes IMO it hurts and it makes you much more crampy if it doesn't send you into labor. I had it done at 38 weeks my son wasn't born until 40 and it made those last 2 weeks miserable :(

baby only comes when they signal chemicals to the brain to start labor. somethings can help you out in the labor process but nothing will make you "go" into active labor except your body/

user banned Beverly Hills, California 36921 posts
8th May '12

if they split your membranes, it would probably suck, yes.

STRIP them, different story.

Levi's Mommy Due March 20; 17 kids; Franklin, North Carolina 287 posts
8th May '12

I hope she won't "split" your membrane. (=

Your almost done. Go sleep while you can.

Squeaky McGee [20 wks] Due May 7 (boy); 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 66692 posts
status 8th May '12
Quoting Sam ☼:" if they split your membranes, it would probably suck, yes. STRIP them, different story."

:D

P@m3L@!! 20 kids; De Land, Florida 3716 posts
8th May '12

walking definitely helped me. not just for 5 mins either. i walked for like 30 mins a day

Priscilla Taylor Due May 8; Japan 16 posts
8th May '12
Quoting Sam ☼:" if they split your membranes, it would probably suck, yes. STRIP them, different story."

lol i meant strip.

Proginoskes Due September 18 (twins); 1 child; Williamston, North Carolina 3835 posts
8th May '12

Well, I can't sympathize but so much, my daughter came at 38w3d... but you're almost there! You're in the home stretch!

Mama Butterfly Due June 20 (girl); 7 kids; Utah 2 posts
8th May '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Priscilla Taylor:</b>" I'm 39 weeks pregnant and ready for this pregnancy thing to be over with! I'm so miserable right now... ... [snip!] ... been walking, bouncing on a ball, sex, pineapple, and the list goes on....AND NOTHING IS WORKING! What has worked for you????"</blockquote>

Will your doctor not induce you?

Nina Gariti Due May 16 (boy); Rochester, New York 2 posts
8th May '12

I'm due the 17th and i've tried pretty much everything you have. I guess it's not our time, and my doctor won't do anything to help me out :/

status 8th May '12
Quoting Nina Gariti:" I'm due the 17th and i've tried pretty much everything you have. I guess it's not our time, and my doctor won't do anything to help me out :/"

Why should he? You're not even due yet. :? I will never understand why people are in such a hurry to force their babies out. At least you're able to carry to term. You don't realize how lucky you are.

Hathor + A Due December 23 (girl); 16 kids; Spring, Texas 12834 posts
8th May '12
Quoting Squeaky McGee:" Why should he? You're not even due yet. :? I will never understand why people are in such a hurry to ... [snip!] ... are in such a hurry to force their babies out. At least you're able to carry to term. You don't realize how lucky you are."

:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!: