34 Weeks. Shooting pains in vagina Sarah Jean Kim Due June 19; 1 child; Maryland 57 posts
10th May '12

It started the last 3 days.

Baby girl will be twisting around or something! and I will have really bad shooting pains in my vagina like she is trying to break her head out or something.
(yes, her head is already down says the doctor 2 weeks ago)
It hurts so bad that I don't know if I can take it but it then it will stop abruptly.
When she is twisting I swear i feel bones in my rib area rubbing as well. Should I call now or just wait until my appointment next Thursday??

Happy Mommy ;) Due June 8; 2 kids; Salisbury, North Carolina 156 posts
10th May '12
Quoting Sarah Zito-Kim:" It started the last 3 days. Baby girl will be twisting around or something! and I will have really bad ... [snip!] ... I swear i feel bones in my rib area rubbing as well. Should I call now or just wait until my appointment next Thursday??"

I have same thing if your water didn't break don't worry about it thats what I was told :)

glowinthedark 2 kids; Norway 29301 posts
10th May '12

It's the baby bumping/hitting/kicking your cervix

Sarah Jean Kim Due June 19; 1 child; Maryland 57 posts
10th May '12

LOL when you say it like that it seems like it should be no big deal

glowinthedark 2 kids; Norway 29301 posts
10th May '12
Quoting Sarah Zito-Kim:" LOL when you say it like that it seems like it should be no big deal"

It sucks, but it's nothing to worry about! For hours yesterday my baby was positioned with something pressing right on my cervix, I felt like I was being stabbed when I walked. :?

Nichole Warner Due December 6; 5 kids; 2 angel babies; Torrington, Connecticut 1606 posts
10th May '12

it's not that it's not a big deal because for all of us our discomfort is a big deal, but everything is probably normal, torwards the end of a pregnancy can be very uncomfortablr for most. I'm 31 weeks and everyday all day she moves in ways that cause on and off, sharp pains, dull pains, feelings of nausea, moments where I can hardly breath, and sometimes suddenly feel like I'm going to pass out. all of which are normal. But when in doubt call the doctor sometimes just hearing them say it can put your mind at ease

PaigeyBaby 32 kids; Australia 455 posts
10th May '12

I'm almost 34 weeks and I have the same problem. When I move/walk/roll over it feels like someone has gone at my crotch with a baseball bat. As someone said above, I think it's all fine unless your water breaks or you have your show etc. It can definitely be a bit unnerving when it feels like they are about to fall out lol. Not long to go now :)

Nichole Warner Due December 6; 5 kids; 2 angel babies; Torrington, Connecticut 1606 posts
10th May '12
Quoting PaigeyBabyIt can definitely be a bit unnerving when it feels like they are about to fall out lol. Not long to go now :)"

lol, thanks for the chuckle