13 year old out of control Jacob'sKeeper 2 kids; some little town, MT, United States 9417 posts
status 15th May '12

I am posting this for a good friend of mine, she has been having a very hard time with her 13 year old son. He has been trying drugs, won't come home and hide for her and bullying other kids at school. He is so angry all of the time and is constantly yelling and cursing at her and has even attacked her a few times. She is one of the best moms I know, she does everything she can to make her kids happy. This boy is on a straight path to jail if she doesn't do something soon. She called me asking advice on what to do, I've never delt with this situation but I have worked in group homes and I know sometimes it works more bad than it does good. Do you have any advice on what she can do or if there is a place that she can send him to get help? She has tried everything and nothing is working, just last year he was an A student and such a loving kid. I'm so worried for him, any advice I could give my friend? Thank you ladies

Mother of One plus One 2 kids; Ware Shoals, South Carolina 4418 posts
15th May '12

Be <blockquote><b>Quoting Bananapancakes:</b>" I am posting this for a good friend of mine, she has been having a very hard time with her 13 year old ... [snip!] ... year he was an A student and such a loving kid. I'm so worried for him, any advice I could give my friend? Thank you ladies"</blockquote>

Maybe Big Brother? Beyond scared straight? I am no help.

Cαtwomαn 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Gotham, DC, United States 12912 posts
status 15th May '12

Military school. My best friend was a major lost cause till she went there. Now she's the best mom and friend I know. And super responsible.

Dillypop 1 child; San Antonio, Texas 35 posts
15th May '12

military school.....lol :)

user banned 2 kids; Iowa 7762 posts
15th May '12

Has anything major happened recently?

Is his father in the picture?

benjaminsmommy Elgin, Illinois 731 posts
15th May '12
Quoting Bananapancakes:" I am posting this for a good friend of mine, she has been having a very hard time with her 13 year old ... [snip!] ... year he was an A student and such a loving kid. I'm so worried for him, any advice I could give my friend? Thank you ladies"

a family friend's daughter was out of control getting in trouble and i don't what else. so she signed her over to the state for awhile to do testing on her and come to find out she's bi polar

Colt's mommy 1 child; Moore, Oklahoma 22089 posts
status 15th May '12

I have a 2 year old so nothing to compare to, lol. Can she try drug testing him each week (they have pee tests at Walmart) and if it's positive then he needs to have a consequence. I don't know if maybe he has an Xbox or something that she could take away) I feel like from your post that it is most likely drug related behaviour. Maybe even go so far as to call the cops if his test is positive? (a juvenile record dissapears after the turn 18, right?) Does she know his friends parents? If they're good people maybe she could contact them and they could collaborate or something.

MamaOfThreeLittleLadies Due October 20 (girl); 2 kids; Missouri 791 posts
15th May '12
Quoting Bananapancakes:" I am posting this for a good friend of mine, she has been having a very hard time with her 13 year old ... [snip!] ... year he was an A student and such a loving kid. I'm so worried for him, any advice I could give my friend? Thank you ladies"

My sister has not one but TWO boys like this. The oldest one she had NO idea, but the younger one (after the older one moved out and joined the army) she sent to rehab. Pathways, they dealt with his drug issues along with any anger management issues and any other issues he may have been dealing with. I can't say it will help it all, but at least my youngest nephew FINALLY graduated high school this year. For the longest time it was looking like that wasn't even going to happen. Just hope it's a step in the right direction. Good luck to your friend!

Jacob'sKeeper 2 kids; some little town, MT, United States 9417 posts
status 15th May '12
Quoting Super Kame Sailor Moon:" Has anything major happened recently? Is his father in the picture?"

Everything has been the same, he just slowly starting rebeling more and more. His dad hasn't been in the picture since he was born.

The Blissful Six 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Massachusetts 10260 posts
15th May '12

She has to make him responsible for his actions. If she can't get him into some type of reform/miltary school, then she's gonna have to become militant. Every time he does drugs, call the cops, if he stays out all night, report him as a run away. She needs to get him in counseling as well. There's a reason he's acting like this.

user banned 2 kids; Iowa 7762 posts
15th May '12
Quoting Bananapancakes:" Everything has been the same, he just slowly starting rebeling more and more. His dad hasn't been in the picture since he was born."

Maybe he's craving attention. It could be that now that he's a teenager he's missing having that father figure in his life.

Jacob'sKeeper 2 kids; some little town, MT, United States 9417 posts
status 15th May '12
Quoting Colt's mommy:" I have a 2 year old so nothing to compare to, lol. Can she try drug testing him each week (they have ... [snip!] ... she know his friends parents? If they're good people maybe she could contact them and they could collaborate or something."

His best friends parents are a piece of work, they would rather be out at the bar than parenting their children. The boy *his best friend* just got arrested for raping a girl at their school. She has tried drug testing him but he just flips out and leaves.

Audreyymichelle Due June 14; 1 child; Delaware 2327 posts
15th May '12

When I went crazy at 13 and was doing all of those things along with cutting I was put in a mental health facility and that's where I got tested for everything and put on the correct medicine they determine how long you need to stay I was only supposed to be there for 72 hours but they needed to do more testing and get my meds right and make sure I was safe to leave so I was in there for 2 months then put in counsoling. Or she could call The crisis hot line when he freaks out and they will send a crisis counselor to her house for no cost and they determine if they take him over night they stay at the house to monitor him for the night. I had that alot

Vanilla MILFshake. 1 child; Georgia 5469 posts
15th May '12

I have custody of my little sister, she will be 13 in about 2 weeks. I have small problems with her every now and then, but it's nothing like what you described. All she really does that ticks me off is the usual things kids would do at her age, like sneaking on the phone after I have told her not to and she has that moody little teenage girl attitude, other than that she is a great, smart girl. If she was sneaking out, trying drugs and bullying kids I would talk with a police officer and set up something like a fake arrest. The next time she did something I would call that officer and have him come pick her up like she was really going to jail and take her on a tour of things at the jail to let her know if she doesn't straighten up then that's where she will be headed. I would probably look into some kind of counseling.

The Blissful Six 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Massachusetts 10260 posts
15th May '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Vanilla MILFshake.:</b>" I have custody of my little sister, she will be 13 in about 2 weeks. I have small problems with her every ... [snip!] ... her know if she doesn't straighten up then that's where she will be headed. I would probably look into some kind of counseling."</blockquote>

Your sister sounds like my 14 yo DD. She's a good kid. My biggest issue is her mouth. She can be extremely snarky and rude!!