39 weeks and 2 cm dilated. Does this mean it is soon? Jessica Varner Due May 21 (boy); Japan 7 posts
16th May '12

had my 39 week check up and for the first time they checked my dilation. I am 2 cm dilated and that is all I was told. What should I do??

Yurvette [♥] 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Hyrule Castle, LZ, San Marino 36477 posts
16th May '12

start walking.

Sarah ♥ K&K 2 kids; 2 angel babies; South Land, CA, United States 116950 posts
status 16th May '12

Just be patient and wait for baby. It could happen tomorrow or it could happen in 2 weeks.

Jessica Varner Due May 21 (boy); Japan 7 posts
16th May '12

I walked around the grocery store for an hour and I will walk around work tomorrow all day long. I am hoping it progresses : ))

-Dankka! Victoria, British Columbia 1118 posts
16th May '12

doc told me that to, that was last week... im 40 weeks 3day's now... still no baby :(

16th May '12
Quoting -Dankka!:" doc told me that to, that was last week... im 40 weeks 3day's now... still no baby :("

I am so sorry! I will be 40 weeks on Tuesday so we will see, hopefully something will happen for you soon

Carol Peters 3 kids; Kentucky 50 posts
16th May '12
Quoting Jessica Varner:" had my 39 week check up and for the first time they checked my dilation. I am 2 cm dilated and that is all I was told. What should I do??"

Here they normally start checking sooner than that! If your two centimeters it still really just depends on the baby. I have know people staying at the same dilation for a week if not longer

16th May '12
Quoting ♡Sarah♡ +1.5:" Just be patient and wait for baby. It could happen tomorrow or it could happen in 2 weeks."

I am getting in the mind set of just waiting it out and keeping busy till he decides to come.

Hunter & Wes's mommy 2 kids; New York 102 posts
16th May '12

Ive been 2 cm and 50 effaced for 2 weeks now and still no baby :(

16th May '12

But I agree with other mommas. Start walking and doing things such as cleaning and everyday activities it may help the baby want to come!

-Dankka! Victoria, British Columbia 1118 posts
16th May '12
Quoting Carol Kimberly:" Here they normally start checking sooner than that! If your two centimeters it still really just depends on the baby. I have know people staying at the same dilation for a week if not longer"

my doctor only checked my cervix twice for dilation, and i had to ask her to do it.

16th May '12
Quoting -Dankka!:" my doctor only checked my cervix twice for dilation, and i had to ask her to do it. "

My dr started checking around 35 weeks and then they checked every time i had an appointment after that. I guess it really just varies on how your dr thinks it should be done. but I'm suprised considering you had to ask most dr's just do it. But thats around here i've never been anywhere else ya know. so my thoughts probably arent the best :p

16th May '12
Quoting Carol Kimberly:" My dr started checking around 35 weeks and then they checked every time i had an appointment after that. ... [snip!] ... most dr's just do it. But thats around here i've never been anywhere else ya know. so my thoughts probably arent the best :p"

I had to ask my doctor and that is because he was debating on it, now they want to do an ultrasound next week to see if he will be too big for me since he is measuring 2 weeks ahead. I think that this is crazy that they are wanting to do all of this so late in the game.

16th May '12
Quoting Jessica Varner:" I had to ask my doctor and that is because he was debating on it, now they want to do an ultrasound next ... [snip!] ... me since he is measuring 2 weeks ahead. I think that this is crazy that they are wanting to do all of this so late in the game."

Exactly. You figure they would be able to tell you if you were two weeks ahead. I wish you the best of luck though!

Mama of three babes 3 kids; New York 1257 posts
16th May '12

with my first son I went into labor 6 days past my due date. I went into labor as I was eating mcdonalds for breakfast lol. I always say mcdonalds put me into labor.