2 1/2 cm dilated at 35 weeks jacesmommy0710 Due July 9 (boy); Stamps, Arkansas 17 posts
6th Jun '12

So, I went to the dr Monday, and he checked me and got the most horrible look on his face, and told me that I was 2 1/2 cm dilated...but he didn't even schedule me to start coming in every week. He just told me to watch for my water breaking and for contractions that are less than 5 mins apart. So...of course I had a billion questions for him that he acted like he didn't have the time or care to answer. My back kills me when I think I'm having contractions and I've been timing them for 24 hours and they're all about 7 mins apart and (just a warning, tmi) last night I had really watery, stringy stuff coming out. The doctor made out to me like he thought it'd only be another week and a half or two weeks before I went into full blown labor, but I'm so scared I won't know when to start heading to the hospital because I live an hour away from where I'm supposed to deliver. Did anyone else have this experience as far as being dilated like this and went into labor soon after? I mean, my doctor didn't even tell me not to do anything or anything like that. He just acted like he didn't care.
Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to know...

A mother & wife 2 kids; Pennsylvania 4817 posts
6th Jun '12

I stayed at 3-4 cm for weeks.

Ashley; Kenley's Mommy! 1 child; Wisconsin 15117 posts
6th Jun '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting jacesmommy0710:</b>" So, I went to the dr Monday, and he checked me and got the most horrible look on his face, and told me ... [snip!] ... to do anything or anything like that. He just acted like he didn't care. Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to know..."</blockquote>

You can be.dilated like that for months.

BrittanieY 18 kids; South Carolina 16634 posts
6th Jun '12

I was 3.5 from 32 weeks until I delivered at 37 weeks.

My sister was 0 and hadn't dropped until the day she had her son at 37 weeks.

It's all dependent on your body and when it's time.

Good luck.

I'm me 4 kids; Kentucky 3109 posts
6th Jun '12

with my second child I was dilated to 2 at 37 weeks and 3 at 38.5 weeks. She was born at 39 weeks 3 days

Kimberly Odasso Due August 28 (boy); 17 kids; Utah 1 posts
6th Jun '12

I was 2 cm at 35 weeks, 4 cm at 38 weeks, and delivered at 40 weeks 2 days. Every body is different.

Ileah Christensen Due July 13 (boy); 2 kids; Omaha, Nebraska 53 posts
6th Jun '12

with my second child i dilated 3 cm at 7 months and i believe i had him bout 36-38 weeks. but my doc put me on bed rest and only could drink water.

22Jleigh33 1 child; Louisiana 747 posts
6th Jun '12

the stringy stuff that came out was prob ur mucus plug..i lost some of mine at 34 weeks and then some more of it when i first hit 35 weeks..i been having lot of contractions..last night was the worst yet but i dont go in til monday so idk if im dilated or not yet..if u start bleeding at all or start leaking fluid u should just go in to be safe

MommyOf4&1Angel 20 kids; 1 angel baby; Edmond, Oklahoma 1069 posts
6th Jun '12

I was 2cm at 34 weeks and stayed that way until I went into labor at 38 weeks 5 days.

Super Mommy! Pasadena, CA, United States 13493 posts
6th Jun '12

I was 4cm at 36 weeks and walked around like that for another 3+ weeks before anything happened.

Mama 2 N+S+C+Y 20 kids; Omaha, Nebraska 665 posts
6th Jun '12

Ive been 3 cm and 80% for 4 weeks now and still nothing...You can go along time with the same dilation

jacesmommy0710 Due July 9 (boy); Stamps, Arkansas 17 posts
6th Jun '12

That makes me feel alot better. I didn't want him to be born too early, and my doc is never clear with anything. It sucks. If I ever have another baby, I'm definately using someone else!!