36 week preemie lylahsmommy Norwalk, California 901 posts
8th Jun '12

My daughter was born at 36 weeks 4 lbs 13 oz & I was wondering how growing up would be for her..would she learn things slower than others & always be smaller then others her age?

_______Nope_________ 23772 posts
8th Jun '12
Quoting LYLAH'sMommy ❤:" My daughter was born at 36 weeks 4 lbs 13 oz & I was wondering how growing up would be for her..would she learn things slower than others & always be smaller then others her age? "

Not really. As long as she was okay at birth, she should be fine. Think of it this way, yes, before a year a month makes a big difference. At 2? Or 5? Not really. . .

My LO was a preemie and is 2.5 years old now and you'd never know.

Bobo's mum 1 child; Albligen, Switzerland 2500 posts
8th Jun '12

By a year, she will be completely caught up

*IF* she is behind at all

DeanJade&Mak's Mom 3 kids; Covina, CA, United States 8822 posts
8th Jun '12

Jade was 36 weeks she was 5lbs 10 ozs

She was about a month behind (my nephew is 2 weeks older than her but he was term) she sat up, 1 month after him, never crawled and started walking at 13 months, she's 2 n half now and knows all her shapes, abcs in eng/span counts to 30, knows animals and is doing very well in school (pre pre school lol)

danysha 2 kids; Oak Grove, Kentucky 219 posts
8th Jun '12

wow shes tiny
i had my son at 31 weeks and weighted 4lb and 14 oz and no my son is talking perfectly and hes 2 adn weights 30 lb and is 31 inches talk

Rumple Foreskin 3 kids; Kentucky 47763 posts
8th Jun '12

My last one was born at 36 weeks. She stayed 5 days in the hospital because she didn't eat well at first, but other than that was fine. She was on the smaller side for 8 months, but caught up fast. She also crawled and walked a little later (9 and 14 months) but she is also amazingly advanced in the speech department. She will be 3 in a couple of weeks and you would never know she was early. On the contrary, she is very tall and speaks well so people usually think she is 4-5. LOL!

And OMG at little bitty babies! Even at 36 weeks she was 6.12

tana1991 1 child; Stockton, Illinois 1711 posts
11th Jun '12

my son was 4lbs 5 ounces at birth at 35 weeks....he is 11 weeks old now and has met every milestone he is suppose to so far =] i wouldn't be worried about ur LO being behind....and even if they are. they say that most catch up rather quickly and but 2 years old you would never know