36 weeks measuring 42 weeks!! *Maggie* Due July 12 (boy); New York 10 posts
14th Jun '12

I went to the Obgyn today for my 36week appointment and she said I was measuring at 42 weeks so i have a sono scheduled for Wed morning to see whatds going on. I asked her why she thought I was measuring so big and she said that she thinks that I have alot of fluid around the baby! My due date it dead on and she even agreed with that. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem..

MommyofAlex&(almost)Aiden 2 kids; GARDNERS, Pennsylvania 1408 posts
14th Jun '12

Yup. For me, it was just because i'm fat. lol. I was measuring like 4 weeks ahead I think and the baby is measuring completely normal - he's not even a big baby which I am amazed at since my first was 11 1/2 pounds at birth, I was fully expecting at least a 10 pound child....so far he's at the 55th percentile for weight, so...looks like a normal baby for me! lol. Fundal height is a TERRIBLE measurement. Not accurate at all.

*Maggie* Due July 12 (boy); New York 10 posts
14th Jun '12

I was only 138pounds when i got pregnant and I only weigh 163 now at 36 weeks I am just hoping everything is ok... Im sure he is going to be a big baby they tend to run in my family!!

MommyofAlex&(almost)Aiden 2 kids; GARDNERS, Pennsylvania 1408 posts
14th Jun '12

He may just be a big baby, or you may have extra fluid OR...she could've measured wrong. :D I was measuring a head from like 23 weeks? I was measuring 27 weeks. I finally had an ultrasound and low and behold...normal baby. lol. I was REALLY surprised honestly. If big babies run in the family, you could just be having a big baby. :) Don't let them induce you early because of a 'big baby' I promise our vaginas are capable of giving birth to 'big' babies, also, late in pregnancy ultrasounds tend to be off as well.