Reply
Vaccines and Trisomy 21 Thread Killa 3 kids; Ocala, Florida 9747 posts
17th Jun '12

Just a few questions if you have a child with Downs. There is a high chance my unborn daughter has Downs. We need a few more tests to determine, but I just want to get a few questions answered. Did you delay vaccines? She is already going to need surgery for a blockage in her intestines so I was thinking of delaying anyways so she can heal. Also what other things do I need to know? Should I buy a humidifier or something for our room? I am just worried about her having surgery and dealing with the outside world. I know this probably doesn't make sense, but I am so lost with everything right now. I only have 6 more weeks til she arrives so I need to prepare. Thanks.

That Elise Girl Due September 25; TTC since Nov 2013; 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Springville, AL, United States 2927 posts
17th Jun '12

Im not much help, but I just saw your post and wanted to say I wish you all the best and you are such a strong parent already!



Keep your head up and congrats on your soon to be new arrival!! :D

Landon's Mommy *+2* Due October 20; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Cincinnati, Ohio 14943 posts
17th Jun '12

I'm not sure if I'm really much help but my cousin has Down Syndrome, he is the oldest. My Aunt had 2 more children after him, none of which had Downs. She also did not delay any vaccines from any of her children.

Thread Killa 3 kids; Ocala, Florida 9747 posts
17th Jun '12

Ok I might need to just wait and talk to the pediatric surgeon when I meet with him. I had 3 surgeries shortly after birth and my parents didn't delay mine I just didn't know if it would be best to delay because of the Downs on top of the surgery. I am a single mother so I need to have prepared months ago but just found out a few weeks ago.

Thread Killa 3 kids; Ocala, Florida 9747 posts
17th Jun '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Kayla [:)]♥:</b>" IF you think it's too much for your little one to deal with, then by all means delay them. :)"</blockquote>




I will most likely delay the hep b for sure. Until she has fully recovered. I still don't fully know what I'm dealing with and its killing me.