20 weeks and 3 days, Bridget Sanders 1 child; Marysville, Ohio 133 posts
2nd Jul '12

I am 20 weeks and 3 days pregnant and super anxious to meet my baby boy.

I have yet to feel him move but they say he is totally healthy from what they can tell, and I feel like i've been pregnant for sooooo long. also i've not gained a single pound...are any of those things normal???

That girl Amber +2 2 kids; California 6981 posts
2nd Jul '12

Yes. Its all normal.

Bridget Sanders 1 child; Marysville, Ohio 133 posts
2nd Jul '12

ok, thanks. i was a bit concerned but my ob has not said anything about it. I get hip pains often as well not sure what thats about or why but it will get bad enough to where it will wake me up at night or i wont be able to move because of the pain.

lucilou 1 child; Indiana 476 posts
2nd Jul '12

Thats exactly how far along I am. I lost 7 lbs from the puking between week 9 and 16. I also had occasional puking after that from acid reflux but now it has stopped completely for the time being. I just recently started gaining weight. I can feel my lil girl though. Yesterday and the day before I have felt her more than I ever have.

7 blessings so far.... Due February 3; 6 kids; Glen Burnie, Maryland 8799 posts
2nd Jul '12

Were u sick in the beginning of your pregnancy? or do u have a more full body shape? those 2 issues can cause you to stay the same weight or loose weight . As long as the docs are saying baby is fine , u shouldnt need to be concerned. I am due the same week as you and am going to get my sonogram results today :) i have gained almost 20lbs already :(

2nd Jul '12

i lost 5 during weeks 12 and 16 and i dont look pregnant at all i still have flat stomach and weigh 128, i dont know if its safe to not gain any weight cuz the baby needs the room right?

2nd Jul '12
Quoting Bridget Sanders:" i lost 5 during weeks 12 and 16 and i dont look pregnant at all i still have flat stomach and weigh 128, i dont know if its safe to not gain any weight cuz the baby needs the room right?"

I would say that when it becomes a concern to your doctor, they will mention it. I have a check up today and im curious to see what they weigh me in as today. I havent been gripped at yet over it, but you have to take into consideration of how long your puking stage was cause that will make a difference and stop weight gain or atleast it made it hard for me to gain.

2nd Jul '12
Quoting Bridget Sanders:" i lost 5 during weeks 12 and 16 and i dont look pregnant at all i still have flat stomach and weigh 128, i dont know if its safe to not gain any weight cuz the baby needs the room right?"

u should definately start putting on the weight now....the baby will still have/ make room to grow but that will require the baby taking nutrients from you that u need to have a healthy pregnancy, labor, & delivery. How tall are u?

2nd Jul '12

I am 5'4".

2nd Jul '12

I had my appointment today. Ive only gained two lbs and everything was fine other than having to up my dosage of bp med.

2nd Jul '12
Quoting Bridget Sanders:" I am 5'4". "

U are definately on the small side....128 is small for someone that is 5'4 that isnt 5mo pregnant. R u taking in enough calories? If you desire to breast feed that may be a problem if you arent nutritionally stable at time of delivery (your milk may not come in, if you arent eating enough calories to support milk production.) I know some women just dont have an appetite when pregnant ....but considering the weight of the baby, fluid, placenta, extra breast tissue, ect...if u are maintaining the same weight ,u are actually loosing weight yourself and the baby is taking it.

2nd Jul '12

i eat all the recommended foods all the time, im always hungry i eat like 6 times a day i just cant gain weight no matter what.

Jensens_Girl 4 kids; New Zealand 190 posts
3rd Jul '12

I had a flat stomach until 23wks with my first and was around 50kilos (not sure what that is in pounds) and 5,7. Some people just carry small, Im coming up to 23 wks with number 4 and it was only last week that I was noticeably pregnant. Dont stress, you'll get that bump lol.

3rd Jul '12
Quoting Bridget Sanders:" i eat all the recommended foods all the time, im always hungry i eat like 6 times a day i just cant gain weight no matter what."

all the the recommended foods are a nutritional guideline for an ''average'' weight pregnant women....when u are under weight u need to add healty more high calorie/fat to your meals (full fat dairy options, use olive oil for cooking instead of cooking spray, eat a handfull of nuts between meals, or add protien shakes to your diet )

Mez Mez Due August 9 (boy); 19 kids; Australia 255 posts
3rd Jul '12
Quoting Bridget Sanders:" I am 20 weeks and 3 days pregnant and super anxious to meet my baby boy. I have yet to feel him move ... [snip!] ... and I feel like i've been pregnant for sooooo long. also i've not gained a single pound...are any of those things normal???"

don't stress you will soon feel those flutters that turn into "omg his going to break my rids lol "
And I promise you will soon notice the "preggers pounds " hehehe
just eat healthy plenty of fluids your doc will mention it if his not happy with your weight gain .