30 day alcohol test? NATAL!E 2 kids; Gaithersburg, Maryland 24182 posts
19th Jul '12

so I'm in a 12 week program for substance abuse... Gotta go to classes, N.A., drug & alcohol tests, blajhe, blajhe....
My question is.... do alcohol tests EXIST that go back 30 days? The counselor told me they have one that is so sensitive it detects NyQuil and hand sanitizer :?:
This is real...? Drinking is not my problem as much, but this alcohol test just sounds ridic.

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56009 posts
19th Jul '12

I don't think so, but I could be wrong

Alcohol leaves your system really quickly

NATAL!E 2 kids; Gaithersburg, Maryland 24182 posts
19th Jul '12
Quoting Kelly&Coralie:" I don't think so, but I could be wrong Alcohol leaves your system really quickly"

on top of it, i drink maybe twice a month, so i'm not a chronic user...

JΔS Georgia 76269 posts
19th Jul '12
Quoting NATAL!E:" on top of it, i drink maybe twice a month, so i'm not a chronic user..."

When you're in N.A. you have to remain completely sober even if drinking wasn't your addiction. My dad goes to N.A. meetings, he had a cocaine addiction but doesn't/can't drink.

I don't think there is a test that will go back 30 days though but sometimes alcohol tests can pick up on certain cold medicines, mouthwashes, etc.

19th Jul '12
Quoting Jas ♥:" When you're in N.A. you have to remain completely sober even if drinking wasn't your addiction. My dad ... [snip!] ... is a test that will go back 30 days though but sometimes alcohol tests can pick up on certain cold medicines, mouthwashes, etc."

You just need a desire to get sober to be in N.A. They don't make you remain.
and N.A. isn't testing me, the substance abuse center will be

JΔS Georgia 76269 posts
19th Jul '12
Quoting NATAL!E:" You just need a desire to get sober to be in N.A. They don't make you remain. and N.A. isn't testing me, the substance abuse center will be"

Well however it works for where ever you're going, I'm telling you why they want you to abstain from alcohol.

19th Jul '12
Quoting Jas ♥:" Well however it works for where ever you're going, I'm telling you why they want you to abstain from alcohol."

i didn't ask why -___-
i know why

JΔS Georgia 76269 posts
19th Jul '12
Quoting NATAL!E:" i didn't ask why -___- i know why"

:roll:
and you have a attitude, why? I ASSUMED you didn't know why since you said the tests sound ridiculous because alcohol isn't your problem. My mistake.

19th Jul '12
Quoting Jas ♥:" :roll: and you have a attitude, why? I ASSUMED you didn't know why since you said the tests sound ridiculous because alcohol isn't your problem. My mistake."

lol i'm not doing this
have a good day bia

JΔS Georgia 76269 posts
19th Jul '12
Quoting NATAL!E:" lol i'm not doing this have a good day bia"

Yeah, that's what I thought.

19th Jul '12
Quoting Jas ♥:" Yeah, that's what I thought."

:wink:
-takes 12 shots of vodka-

glowinthedark 2 kids; Norway 29301 posts
19th Jul '12

That makes no sense, you metabolize alcohol and then it's gone. Scare tactics, I say. :lol:

Turtley Mikey Due October 31; 2 kids; California 50611 posts
19th Jul '12

Nat, I've never heard of such a thing. I mean I guess it's possible, but highly unlikely.

Good luck deary, we're all rooting for ya. Much love. <3

20th Jul '12

it does exist! it's real! i kid you not. haha.

glowinthedark 2 kids; Norway 29301 posts
20th Jul '12
Quoting NATAL!E:" it does exist! it's real! i kid you not. haha."

What the.... it's fucking sorcery dude.