5 incisions after gallbladder removal? user banned
20th Jul '12

I had surgery yesterday, and I was fine until today. I'm hating coughing and sneezing. My kidneys hurt. & I have a minor case of urinary retention going on that i'm keeping an eye out for. I've been up walking a little around my room and pretty much have no gas pain, but my stomach feels like it is on fire. Anyways,I noticed I have 5 incisions instead of only 4 like they had said, does anyone know why? It was done Laproscoptic<sp?

linsα Lake Hylia, HY, Czech Republic 30642 posts
20th Jul '12

No clue but I have five too.

M0Mof3 3 kids; Pennsylvania 1202 posts
20th Jul '12

I have five too I had mine out in April two on either side of my stomach one at my belly button

Nothingg! Beverly Hills, California 80 posts
20th Jul '12

I had mine out in 2010, I only have 3, one in my belly button, one under my right breast, and another one a little lower.
Idk why there'd be 5, maybe they couldn't pull it out through the original incisions and had to make more.?
You should ask your doctor.
I hope you feel better soon.!

user banned 5 kids; Texas 13641 posts
20th Jul '12

I have one under my belly button, one under my right breast, and the other 3 are diagnol on my right side. I'm definitely going to ask my dr about it, I didn't yesterday because I just now got brave to look at it lol. Also mine are super glued and not stitched.

20th Jul '12
Quoting AudriiSoBlessed:" I had mine out in 2010, I only have 3, one in my belly button, one under my right breast, and another ... [snip!] ... pull it out through the original incisions and had to make more.? You should ask your doctor. I hope you feel better soon.!"

Thank you :)

sknymnie Hubert, nc, United States 15150 posts
20th Jul '12
Quoting ♥!!♥:" I have one under my belly button, one under my right breast, and the other 3 are diagnol on my right ... [snip!] ... my dr about it, I didn't yesterday because I just now got brave to look at it lol. Also mine are super glued and not stitched."

it's surgical derma bond, not super glue. Should stay on for a few weeks too!

Nothingg! Beverly Hills, California 80 posts
20th Jul '12
Quoting ♥!!♥:" I have one under my belly button, one under my right breast, and the other 3 are diagnol on my right ... [snip!] ... my dr about it, I didn't yesterday because I just now got brave to look at it lol. Also mine are super glued and not stitched."

yeah my dr. put in the stitches that dissolve and glue, but those stitches irritated my soul, for a year after i could always feel the end of it popping out and it would not go away, i just wanted to yank it out of me.!

M0Mof3 3 kids; Pennsylvania 1202 posts
20th Jul '12
Quoting AudriiSoBlessed:" yeah my dr. put in the stitches that dissolve and glue, but those stitches irritated my soul, for a ... [snip!] ... for a year after i could always feel the end of it popping out and it would not go away, i just wanted to yank it out of me.!"

I had staples and they did not react well with my skin I still have very noticeable scars

20th Jul '12

I'm scared that this glue is going to rip open, sometimes thats how it feels. He told me I was able to take showers and baths and eat anything I felt up to. Is this normal protocol? I go back next Thursday. I should have asked more questions, but I had the worse nurse ever who apparently was having a bad day (yay me)& she didn't speak English well, I was just so ready to go home.

20th Jul '12
Quoting Waitingforour3rd :):" I had staples and they did not react well with my skin I still have very noticeable scars"

Wow, I've never had staples for anything, but I can imagine that they would be irritating. My surgeon said that a lot of drs are choosing to do without staples if they can avoid it.

M&F VBAC Graduate 19 kids; Texas 10997 posts
20th Jul '12
Quoting ♥!!♥:" I'm scared that this glue is going to rip open, sometimes thats how it feels. He told me I was able to ... [snip!] ... nurse ever who apparently was having a bad day (yay me)& she didn't speak English well, I was just so ready to go home."

I had 4 incisions.. 1 at my belly button and 2 under my right breast,..

20th Jul '12

Here's mine *warning ugly stomach* lol. [pic deleted]