21 weeks .. had to stop labor twice Olivia's Mommy ♥ Due October 31; 1 child; San Antonio, Texas 583 posts
23rd Jul '12

so i have this friend and shes 21 weeks. shes had to have labor stopped twice in less than one week and is already dilated 2 cm. i don't know much about this stuff but is it more likely shes going to have labor early?

ashley noel [gav's here!] 2 kids; Rhode Island 6374 posts
23rd Jul '12

Id say yeah...

Olivia's Mommy ♥ Due October 31; 1 child; San Antonio, Texas 583 posts
23rd Jul '12

oh that sucks, thanks for actually responding lol

Yoncé 1 child; 3 angel babies; Barcelona, Spain 3706 posts
23rd Jul '12

Usually they take measures to prevent preterm labor from occuring again. They probably should look into doing a rescue cerclage (cervical stitch) to keep her from opening anymore and magnesium to stop contractions if she isn't in active labor.

Sadly, most hospitals don't consider viability until 24 wks so if they can't hold labor off until then, they probably won't be able to save her baby. Even then if the hospital isn't equipped w/ a NICU they'll have to send the baby to the nearest hospital with one ASAP.

23rd Jul '12
Quoting ℳrs. +
Captain K'nuckles ⚓ 1 child; 1 angel baby; Elizabeth, WV, United States 4970 posts
23rd Jul '12

I was in labor at 28 weeks until i had LO at 35 weeks. I was in and out of the hospital 24/7. They tried everything to stop it but thankfully it helped me carry him a few extra weeks.

Yoncé 1 child; 3 angel babies; Barcelona, Spain 3706 posts
23rd Jul '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting allllison ♥:</b>" oh wow, well i hope she can hold off. i just been worrying about her she seems to be taking it fine "</blockquote>

I just re-read the OP, and saw they were able to stop it. I read it wrong, but yeah some of the stuff I said still applies. Are they able to give her answers as to why her body thinks it's time for labor this early or is she not saying much? I'd at least tell her to ask about a rescue cerclage just in case she has an incompetent cervix. That's what it sounds like from your OP.

23rd Jul '12
Quoting Venus p***s Trap.
23rd Jul '12
Quoting ℳrs. +
Captain K'nuckles ⚓ 1 child; 1 angel baby; Elizabeth, WV, United States 4970 posts
23rd Jul '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting allllison ♥:</b>" thats good, was it from stress? cause she has depression issues because of her boyfriend, she doesnt ... [snip!] ... want to leave him .. it just seems like shes doing this to her self and doesnt realize no matter how many times we tell her"</blockquote>

Yeah mine was. I lost my job, almost got kicked out of our home.. mine was definitely from stress. Ha

Bandera Roe 1 child; Temple, Texas 170 posts
23rd Jul '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Venus p***s Trap.

23rd Jul '12
Quoting Venus p***s Trap.
23rd Jul '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Bandera Roe:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Venus p***s Trap.

Bandera Roe 1 child; Temple, Texas 170 posts
23rd Jul '12

Ooooo thanks

Mrs Weiss 33 kids; Marlborough, Massachusetts 647 posts
24th Jul '12

It could happend but it's not a garentee, I went into labor 4 times they had to stop it that's when I was 22-26 weeks and I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant now .