19 weeks U/S told 3 lines=Girl. Has anyone had them be wrong .Mercedes. Due December 23; 1 child; Oregon 137 posts
27th Jul '12

We have been VERY anxious about knowing the sex. Yesterday we had our mid pregnancy U?S where they are able to look over the anatomy and possibly determine the sex.

The baby wasn't cooperating much and was in a funny position. Twice she said it looked like a girl and pointed out the three lines.
Have you ever been told it was a girl and then later in pregnancy found out it was a boy??

No U/S pic other than of the face was given to me.

Vanilla MILFshake. 1 child; Georgia 5430 posts
27th Jul '12

A girl I am friends with actually had her baby about 2 weeks ago and the whole time she was pregnant, they thought it was a girl...but he was def. not a girl! :lol: It's actually pretty uncommon for that to happen though.

whack a mole crazy Due January 23 (boy); Nebraska 2651 posts
27th Jul '12
Quoting .Mercedes.:" We have been VERY anxious about knowing the sex. Yesterday we had our mid pregnancy U?S where they are ... [snip!] ... told it was a girl and then later in pregnancy found out it was a boy?? No U/S pic other than of the face was given to me."

thats gay, no pictures besides one? i know when i was in the uterus they told my mom i was a boy, i looked like a boy on the ultra sound and came out a girl. i guess maybe i was laying weird or my cord was in the way? i have no idea. but, i'm pretty sure that boys and girls look pretty different.

27th Jul '12
Quoting cupcake loves you:" thats gay, no pictures besides one? i know when i was in the uterus they told my mom i was a boy, i ... [snip!] ... i was laying weird or my cord was in the way? i have no idea. but, i'm pretty sure that boys and girls look pretty different."

I think I would shit my pants if that happened to me. Like buying everything for a boy and most of the stuff would already be opened and set up and the tags taken off so you couldn't take it back, having a name picked out for a boy...then the baby turns out being a girl and you have to do EVERYTHING at the last minute. :lol:

27th Jul '12
Quoting Vanilla MILFshake.:" I think I would shit my pants if that happened to me. Like buying everything for a boy and most of the ... [snip!] ... a name picked out for a boy...then the baby turns out being a girl and you have to do EVERYTHING at the last minute. :lol:"

my parents had my room painted blue and everything, they were freaking out. haha. i guess ultra sound machines have probably gotten better, that was over 20 years ago.

.Mercedes. Due December 23; 1 child; Oregon 137 posts
27th Jul '12

This happened several years ago with my husbands cousin. The whole time they thought she was a boy and she came out a girl.

I guess hearing these stories are what make me so nervous. I just want to be able to shop with confidence but I'll deffinitly keep reciepts and tags on (atleast the clothes) until we hear we have a boy instead.

27th Jul '12
Quoting cupcake loves you:" my parents had my room painted blue and everything, they were freaking out. haha. i guess ultra sound machines have probably gotten better, that was over 20 years ago."

Oh yeah, they have. The OB that delivered DD was the same OB that delivered me, so he's kinda old. But, he has his old US machine in his back office and it looks ancient. He just uses it if the US techs there are busy and he wants to check something small or whatever and he used it on me once and I was like 'how do you even tell whats what?!' My mom still has ultrasounds from being pregnant with me and it's amazing how much more detailed the regular US are now.

27th Jul '12
Quoting .Mercedes.:" This happened several years ago with my husbands cousin. The whole time they thought she was a boy and ... [snip!] ... shop with confidence but I'll deffinitly keep reciepts and tags on (atleast the clothes) until we hear we have a boy instead."

I'd ask for another US and see if they can get a clear shot of it. Usually if they can get a really good shot once you're around 20 weeks, they can be just about 100% sure about what it is and you will be able to look at it and tell without a doubt. Most of the time when something like that does happen it's because the baby wasn't cooperating and the tech will kinda guess by whatever they can see, but if you get a good shot of it, then it would be safe to say it's pretty accurate.

27th Jul '12
Quoting Vanilla MILFshake.:" Oh yeah, they have. The OB that delivered DD was the same OB that delivered me, so he's kinda old. But, ... [snip!] ... My mom still has ultrasounds from being pregnant with me and it's amazing how much more detailed the regular US are now."

yeah! the pictures they gave her are tiny as f**k. seriously not even an inch big.

****deleted 1 child; Indiana 90 posts
27th Jul '12
Quoting .Mercedes.:" We have been VERY anxious about knowing the sex. Yesterday we had our mid pregnancy U?S where they are ... [snip!] ... told it was a girl and then later in pregnancy found out it was a boy?? No U/S pic other than of the face was given to me."

My cousin had this happen twice. First time she was pregnant they said it was a boy, turns out it was a girl. Then her second they said she was having a girl but it was a boy! She's the only I've ever heard that happen to though.

Miss Ashley +2 2 kids; New York 3790 posts
27th Jul '12

I was just going through this myself. I had by 'big ultrasound' at 18 weeks - same thing happened, she kept moving all over the place like a jumping bean & the tech just said "it looks like a girl" .. she didn't point out the lines to me though. If she pointed to the 3 line & you saw the 3 lines i would go with it. I go back on Wednesday for a doctors appointment & I am going to ask him to check for me because I am 25 weeks & have bought EVERYTHING for a girl =/ so if it's not HE is going to be a boy all done up in dresses & bows & a ton of pink & purple =)

HybridMoon 1 child; Vallejo, California 207 posts
27th Jul '12
Quoting Miss Ashley +2:" I was just going through this myself. I had by 'big ultrasound' at 18 weeks - same thing happened, ... [snip!] ... for a girl =/ so if it's not HE is going to be a boy all done up in dresses & bows & a ton of pink & purple =) "

Lol.

I was paranoid that would happen to me. I had a psychic in the Philippines tell me I was gonna get pregnant and have a little boy.

Miss Ashley +2 2 kids; New York 3790 posts
27th Jul '12
Quoting HybridMoon:" Lol. I was paranoid that would happen to me. I had a psychic in the Philippines tell me I was gonna get pregnant and have a little boy. "

0_0 i can't handle it lol.

i just need to keep telling myself its going to be a girl & thats that.

tango25 Due August 20; North Carolina 202 posts
28th Jul '12

my first ultrasound they guessed it was a girl because of the shape of the pelvis. she wouldnt open up her legs that was at 19 weeks my second ultrasound they knew it was a girl because she had her legs open and you can tell because girls privates look like a hamburger with the 3 distinct areas.....so if she comes out a boy it would be a miracle and he will be wearing pink.....lol

.Mercedes. Due December 23; 1 child; Oregon 137 posts
28th Jul '12
Quoting tango25:" my first ultrasound they guessed it was a girl because of the shape of the pelvis. she wouldnt open up ... [snip!] ... a hamburger with the 3 distinct areas.....so if she comes out a boy it would be a miracle and he will be wearing pink.....lol"

I definitely saw the 3 white lines. I'm probably just physicking myself out because I've wanted a girl so bad and now that I've been told it is- it's almost a "too good to be true" thing lol.

But yes, same here if it's born and is a boy it'll be covered in pink EVERYTHINg until I can get out and buy some Blue! LOL