35 weeks, I think my water broke but no contractions Meagan Paige Due September 16 (boy); Greene, Maine 28 posts
1st Aug '12

so last night I was laying down about ready to go to sleep, and I coughed and turned at the same time. all of a sudden I felt a gush of liquid come out and I was sure I had wet the bed. went to the bathroom and inspected everything..turns out it wasnt pee, just clear thin liquid and didnt smell like urine at all. Im pretty sure it was my water breaking...I mean what else would it be? this all happened at 11:30pm and it is now 5am, I dont think Im feeling any contractions. according to everyone Ive talked to, contractions are unmistakeable and painful so Im pretty sure I'd know if I was having them. The only thing Ive felt is some minor back pain and pressure on my pelvic area. baby is still moving, was moving a LOT when it all happened and now has slowed down a bit. has this ever happened to anyone? should I be concerned??

user banned Due July 3; 2 kids; Australia 14351 posts
1st Aug '12

Was it just one gush or have u been leaking since then?

Harajuku Girl 3 kids; Your House, NJ, United States 13003 posts
1st Aug '12

I would go to L&D.

maemae1429 Due September 10; 1 child; Missoula, Montana 70 posts
1st Aug '12

I would go get checked at the hospital or ob office. If it did that's a huge risk of infection among other things.

Meagan Paige Due September 16 (boy); Greene, Maine 28 posts
1st Aug '12

just one gush.. and tiny trickles here and there..but barely noticeable. a little 'damp' down there but nothing like the first gush.

Momma Rawks 1 child; Iowa 7175 posts
1st Aug '12

May as well go to the hospital and get checked. Labor doesn't always come on as dramatic as it is often made out to be. Many women go into labor and don't realize it immediately. The pain and pressure can be the start of labor. If you believe you are leaking amniotic fluid, it's always best to be on the safe side and get checked.

user banned Due July 3; 2 kids; Australia 14351 posts
1st Aug '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Meagan Paige:</b>" just one gush.. and tiny trickles here and there..but barely noticeable. a little 'damp' down there but nothing like the first gush."</blockquote>

Put a pad on, call l&d and they can check the pad to see if its your water. Good luck

1st Aug '12

thanks ladies. making the call ....super nervous haha

************************* California 21 posts
1st Aug '12

My water broke at 35 weeks. I woke up wet. I didnt think nothin' of it i just thought i peed myself. i didnt have contractions.I didnt go too th hospital till 3 days later because i started gettin' contractions. Turns out it was my water that broke and when my baby was born he had too be on antibiotics for 7 days. So i recomend you go too the hospital or get it checked out.

Bailey&Ashlin's Mum 2 kids; New Zealand 882 posts
1st Aug '12
Quoting Meagan Paige:" thanks ladies. making the call ....super nervous haha"

Good luck, was going to say call also :)

♥ Becca ♥ Due May 11 (boy); 51 kids; 3 angel babies; Royal Oak Charter Township, Michigan 1259 posts
1st Aug '12
Quoting Meagan Paige:" thanks ladies. making the call ....super nervous haha"

Good luck!
My water broke and I never started having contractions on my own. They ended up having to induce me.

1st Aug '12
Quoting Jordanz Mommy(::" My water broke at 35 weeks. I woke up wet. I didnt think nothin' of it i just thought i peed myself. ... [snip!] ... and when my baby was born he had too be on antibiotics for 7 days. So i recomend you go too the hospital or get it checked out."

oh my gosh, how scary! hope hes okay now..you must have been scared! I just called and am waiting for the on-call doctor to call me back.Ive never heard of this happening to anyone else until now lol, TV makes labor out to be so unbareable and crazy.. but like everyone says, better be safe than sorry. they called back and Im heading in. wish me luck!

Bailey&Ashlin's Mum 2 kids; New Zealand 882 posts
1st Aug '12
Quoting Meagan Paige:" oh my gosh, how scary! hope hes okay now..you must have been scared! I just called and am waiting for ... [snip!] ... so unbareable and crazy.. but like everyone says, better be safe than sorry. they called back and Im heading in. wish me luck!"

LUCK :D

************************* California 21 posts
1st Aug '12
Quoting Meagan Paige:" oh my gosh, how scary! hope hes okay now..you must have been scared! I just called and am waiting for ... [snip!] ... so unbareable and crazy.. but like everyone says, better be safe than sorry. they called back and Im heading in. wish me luck!"

Yesss i was very scared. But yeah hes way better now and very healthy. (: Good Luck though. (: