4 year old behavior issues Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56009 posts
9th Aug '12

This is the situation

Every day, mon -thurs, we go to the YMCA. We've beendoing this for at least 6 months and there has never been an issue

For a few weeks now, everytime we get on the bus, she starts up. Demanding to stand up, crying, screaming, being a miserable brat.

Nothing different has happened. No trauma, nothing

She eats when she is at the Y so I know she isn't hungry.

She might be tired on the way home but like I said, 6 months ago, she was fine

And then she spends the whole rest of the day in meltdown mode.

Today we are not going to the Y because I just can't deal with it today.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips?

lunch lady 2 kids; Tennessee 2123 posts
9th Aug '12

What time do you leave? Maybe a nap before you go? or leave the Y earlier and go home for a nap? My son usually doesn't give us problems unless he's in need of a nap.

Phallus Cranium cocksuck, LA, Sri Lanka 108803 posts
status 9th Aug '12

My kids used to randomly have periods that they would pitch a hit when it was time to get in the car to leave in the morning.
Sounds kind of similiar.

I dont have much in the way of advice, I personally did not let it fly and if I had to carry them kicking and screaming, thats what I did.
and some days, they would scream the entire way until I dropped them off :?
I ignored them
its like a power struggle, imo
They are testing as well as lashing out that THEY can't control their schedule.

MomDIA TTC since May 2008; 81 kids; Warminster, Pennsylvania 3812 posts
9th Aug '12

My 4 year owns having a tantrum problem and nothing was working. Ten j found a chore chart. I made it easy for him, pick up toys, take a bath (that was massive tantrum time) etc. if he did these chores all week without crying I would reward him with Legos. If he didn't do his chores he would have big red x's on his chart receive no rewards. It worked I find him doing extra things like helping me now because he knows he gets rewarded. I will link you to my thread with my chore chart if you want.

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56009 posts
9th Aug '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting lunch lady:</b>" What time do you leave? Maybe a nap before you go? or leave the Y earlier and go home for a nap? My son usually doesn't give us problems unless he's in need of a nap."</blockquote>

We leave here at 10:30 am and get home around 1.

She refuses to nap anymore and is having bedtime issues as well.

MomDIA TTC since May 2008; 81 kids; Warminster, Pennsylvania 3812 posts
9th Aug '12

http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about2190084-6.html

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56009 posts
9th Aug '12
Quoting *H3aTh3R*:" My 4 year owns having a tantrum problem and nothing was working. Ten j found a chore chart. I made it ... [snip!] ... things like helping me now because he knows he gets rewarded. I will link you to my thread with my chore chart if you want."

Thanks

but she does all of her stuff. She just whines and cries for (seemingly) all day long.