38 weeks and i need some advice on leaking? Kristina Peterson Due November 6; 1 child; Fort Collins, Colorado 32 posts
18th Aug '12

So im 38 weeks and a day and for the past hour ive been leaking clear, smelly fluid like constantly when im sitting down or standing up and its not like gushing everywhere its like soaking through my undies but it dosent seem like theres alot coming out. Im also having light contractions and back pain and just feel uncomfortable and im not sure if i should go into labor and delivery to get checked out... does anybody have any help to give me?? please..

Amber n dave Due August 28; 3 kids; Wisconsin 2273 posts
18th Aug '12

Wblockquote><b>Quoting Kristina Peterson:</b>" So im 38 weeks and a day and for the past hour ive been leaking clear, smelly fluid like constantly when ... [snip!] ... and im not sure if i should go into labor and delivery to get checked out... does anybody have any help to give me?? please.."</blockquote>

What does it smell like?,

18th Aug '12

Wblockquote><b>Quoting Kristina Peterson:</b>" So im 38 weeks and a day and for the past hour ive been leaking clear, smelly fluid like constantly when ... [snip!] ... and im not sure if i should go into labor and delivery to get checked out... does anybody have any help to give me?? please.."</blockquote>

What does it smell like?,

Kristina Peterson Due November 6; 1 child; Fort Collins, Colorado 32 posts
18th Aug '12

I dont know it smells totally different

18th Aug '12

Have you called your ob

Darcy Baker Williams 53 kids; Illinois 194 posts
18th Aug '12

Go and get checked. It could be early labor. But whatever it is, it should be checked out especially as far along as you are. Good Luck

18th Aug '12

True you may be leaking your water

18th Aug '12

I dont really wanna call my doctor becuz she has been bitching me out cuz i called her the other day when i was worried about my body and she told me it was some stomach problem i had before but it was totally different then that and she told me to do something completely bizarre so i dont want her advice at the moment. I hope its early labor because ive been feeling alot of crazy things lately and ill prob going in labor and delivery if it dosent go away or anything.

Megan Durham Herman Due October 27; Minot AFB, North Dakota 88 posts
18th Aug '12

Its possible you have a prick in your amniotic sac, and it is slowly leaking. My mother had the same thing with my youngest sister. If your water is broken you need to go in because there is now a risk for infection. And the leaking coupled with light contractions and back pain sounds like early labor. If you go in now and you arent in labor the worst they can tell you is go home lol. If you go in and you are in labor then its good you went in, either way its best to know. Good luck and dont worry I had my first at 38 weeks (considered full term) and he is a very healthy little 2 year old. :)

Gor-Jess! TTC since Oct 2013; 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Queen Creek, Arizona 9600 posts
18th Aug '12
Quoting Kristina Peterson:" I dont really wanna call my doctor becuz she has been bitching me out cuz i called her the other day ... [snip!] ... because ive been feeling alot of crazy things lately and ill prob going in labor and delivery if it dosent go away or anything."

Its sad when drs make it uncomfortable for you to call them about your issues. I would just go to l&d without calling her and get checked.

Brittany Nielson Due September 14; 1 child; Henderson, Nevada 870 posts
18th Aug '12
Quoting Kristina Peterson:" So im 38 weeks and a day and for the past hour ive been leaking clear, smelly fluid like constantly when ... [snip!] ... and im not sure if i should go into labor and delivery to get checked out... does anybody have any help to give me?? please.."

Go to Labor and Delivery. If you think you're leaking, they will give you a labor check. You don't need to call your doc for that, they will call them. Take it from someone who knows, you don't want to let yourself leak thinking you can make it to your next doctor's appointment, you run the risk of infection for yourself and your baby.

18th Aug '12

Thank you, yea my doc makes it incredible hard to ask her bout anything. when im in her office and i ask her to give me details bout stuff she never does and its annoying and yea my back pain is getting worse right now i think i am going to go in. I just have to call my boyfriend out of work to let him know.

18th Aug '12

Seriously, the worst that will happen at labor and delivery is they will do a litmus test to check for amniotic fluid and if its negative, they will send you home. Better to be safe than sorry.

18th Aug '12

yea i think ill go in to be safe, hopefully its time to have my little boy but im so scared for labor :roll: thank u all

18th Aug '12
Quoting Kristina Peterson:" yea i think ill go in to be safe, hopefully its time to have my little boy but im so scared for labor :roll: thank u all "

Don't be scared. Just remember to make your nurse your best friend. She is your advocate and wants to help you through it. Don't be afraid to ask questions and they will do their best to explain everything as it happens so that you don't have too many surprises along the way. Hang in there and good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes at the hospital. :)