38 weeks and 50% effaced FinallyMomofTwo Due September 14; 1 child; Shingletown, California 6 posts
31st Aug '12

But no dilation. Is there is any chance that I could go into labor soon? I only ask because I am sooooo ready and uncomfortable and some reassuring news would be awesome. I don't wanna have to wait another 2 weeks. (TMI Time: I lost the mucus plug last week, since then, my contractions (Braxton Hicks most likely) have been getting more intense and uncomfortable, but not anymore regular. I have contractions while hot flashing... its horribly uncomfy.... is there anyway that someone could give me an idea on when my baby will be here???

Impatient. :D

Cayden&Paisley's Mommy 2 kids; Hickory, North Carolina 675 posts
31st Aug '12

No one knows for sure when your baby will be here. Being 50% effaced doesn't mean much in terms of when your baby well be here :/ o was 1 cm and 70% at 35 weeks. At 41 weeks I was 3 cm and 70%. I was induced at exactly 41 weeks. I know your getting anxious cause its so close but baby will be here when its ready. Hang in there!

FinallyMomofTwo Due September 14; 1 child; Shingletown, California 6 posts
31st Aug '12

Yeah, that's what I figured. lol.... I should know all of these things cause I have a 3 year old already, but I forgot how impatient you get during the last few weeks.... im like soooo ready.. i just want someone to tell me its gonna happen tomorrow, or even early next week lol.... just some false hope would do nicely haha easy my pain a little.

Ronnie RadKat 4 kids; Arizona 22057 posts
status 31st Aug '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Cayden&Paisley's Mommy:</b>" No one knows for sure when your baby will be here. Being 50% effaced doesn't mean much in terms of when ... [snip!] ... at exactly 41 weeks. I know your getting anxious cause its so close but baby will be here when its ready. Hang in there!"</blockquote>

Yep, this.

I was 3cm and 70% effaced at almost 35wks, I need being induced at 38wks at that point I was 3.5cm and 85% effaced.

!!Katie!! 1 child; Tennessee 2794 posts
31st Aug '12

Sadly, you just never know.

I was 50% effaced and 1cm dilated at 36 weeks. Now i'm 38 weeks, 80% effaced and almost 3cm dilated. I have contractions that I was told were "True contractions" (they picked the up on a non stress test) They hurt also, yesterday I was doubled over for a few minutes. But they are not consistent, and I can go a whole day without have any. I lost a piece of my Mucus plus today, but nothing big. Sooo yea, It doesn't look like my LO is coming out at the moment, even being effaced and dilated. I'm being induced in 10 days, and I'm really hoping he comes on his own before then...but who knows. Good luck.

status 31st Aug '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting !!Katie!!:</b>" Sadly, you just never know. I'm 38 weeks, 80% effaced and almost 3cm dilated. I have contractions that ... [snip!] ... and dilated. I'm being induced in 10 days, and I'm really hoping he comes on his own before then...but who knows. Good luck. "</blockquote>

NSTs pick up Bh too, they look exactly the same on the chart. The thing that differentiates if it's labor or Bh is if they change your cervix, become regular and get consistently closer together. I used to get NSTs 3x a week for 3 months with my first child, I always contracted and was sometimes kept for several hours to make sure they weren't progressing or changing my cervix, if they weren't they were considered false labor, ie Bh.

31st Aug '12
Quoting Spencer Pratt:" <blockquote><b>Quoting !!Katie!!:</b>" Sadly, you just never know. I'm 38 weeks, ... [snip!] ... hours to make sure they weren't progressing or changing my cervix, if they weren't they were considered false labor, ie Bh."

I get two a week for Polyhydramnios, and I do have changes in my cervix. I'm only going by what I was told by two different nurses at two different places. (once in the office, and once in L&D.)

status 31st Aug '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting !!Katie!!:</b>" I get two a week for Polyhydramnios, and I do have changes in my cervix. I'm only going by what I was told by two different nurses at two different places. (once in the office, and once in L&D.) "</blockquote>

Changing your cervix over a long period of time is not what they mean, that us normal and happens to the majority of women before they ever go into labor. When the contractions changeit over a period of a couple of hours those a "real" contractions. Contractions that you have for weeks on end w/o actually being in labor are still contractions but they are Bh contractions, not labor contractions.

31st Aug '12
Quoting Spencer Pratt:" <blockquote><b>Quoting !!Katie!!:</b>" I get two a week for Polyhydramnios, and I do ... [snip!] ... have for weeks on end w/o actually being in labor are still contractions but they are Bh contractions, not labor contractions."

Ehh, the contractions haven't been happening for weeks, just a couple days. But who knows.

31st Aug '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting FinallyMomofTwo:</b>" Yeah, that's what I figured. lol.... I should know all of these things cause I have a 3 year old already, ... [snip!] ... me its gonna happen tomorrow, or even early next week lol.... just some false hope would do nicely haha easy my pain a little."</blockquote>

I know. I was so impatient to and it doesn't help being pregnant in. the summer. But u can't be pregnant forever :) who knows it could happen for I tomorrow...i wouldn't worry about dilation/effacement til ur in labor cause thats when it'll really matter

FinallyMomofTwo Due September 14; 1 child; Shingletown, California 6 posts
31st Aug '12

Well today I've been feeling even more crampy and i was bleeding a tiiiiiny bit. And I keep getting a dull pain at the bottom of my belly... like where you would get menstrual cramps. But they aren't that bad, just uncomfortable..... Very uncomfortable.... I feel it in my back too... i can't wait till this is over. And thank you for your help... keep the conversation going if you wish. it gives me someone to talk to and something to do. :D

31st Aug '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting FinallyMomofTwo:</b>" Well today I've been feeling even more crampy and i was bleeding a tiiiiiny bit. And I keep getting a ... [snip!] ... thank you for your help... keep the conversation going if you wish. it gives me someone to talk to and something to do. :D "</blockquote>

Your welcome. Good luck! And I hope you don't have back labor. I did with north and it sucks so bad