Reply
Stupid SPIDERS. Skitti 17 kids; Grand Haven Charter Township, Michigan 1508 posts
4th Sep '12

Last night, my son woke up screaming, so I went to check on him, picked him up, and noticed this red blotch next to his mouth with two little marks in the middle. I looked at the wall and saw this HUGE spider, and smashed that thing so damn fast. I was pissssed.



Anyway, it seems to be bothering him, is there anything I can put on it to help? Or should I just leave it alone? I tried ice cubes, but I was wondering if there was any first aid ointment I can use.

Mummy-2-2-Monsters 2 kids; Seven Hills, Australia 8778 posts
4th Sep '12

I'd find out if the spider was poisonous first, but here in aus we have a lot of poisonous spiders :(



Probably best to just leave it alone. No ice or coolness on it so you can keep an eye on it and see if it gets hot to touch, just in case.

ρiηkie ρie 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Kentucky 21902 posts
4th Sep '12

Hydrocortizone might help, it's safe to use on the face too. We use it on LO's face for her eczema, but it's good for itchiness/redness in general.

One_Hott_Momma 2 kids; Michigan 779 posts
4th Sep '12

I would think benedryl.

user banned 3 kids; Washington 15083 posts
4th Sep '12

i've been getting eaten alive. A huge bruise and bite mark that itches like crazy. I use stingeez and it works wonders!

WHATEVERR.♥ 1 child; California 1248 posts
4th Sep '12

Since I'm petrified of Spiders I'd personally go to the doctors or ER just to make sure it wasn't poisonous! You never know..That's just me though.



We've seen a few in this new apartment so I'm making them spray.

Skitti 17 kids; Grand Haven Charter Township, Michigan 1508 posts
4th Sep '12
Quoting Mummy-2-2-Monsters:" I'd find out if the spider was poisonous first, but here in aus we have a lot of poisonous spiders :( ... [snip!] ... to just leave it alone. No ice or coolness on it so you can keep an eye on it and see if it gets hot to touch, just in case."


I looked it up online, and it was a typical house spider and may just cause soreness, the venom is not dangerous. He's been happy, it's just a pain when he wants to eat or suck on a paci.

WHATEVERR.♥ 1 child; California 1248 posts
4th Sep '12
Quoting Missie93:" I looked it up online, and it was a typical house spider and may just cause soreness, the venom is not dangerous. He's been happy, it's just a pain when he wants to eat or suck on a paci."


See whenever I see them I kill them so fast I can't even tell what the hell it is so the vague descriptions I type into Google are like NO help! I just want our place sprayed because I've been seeing far to many to not worry!!



Oh I could only imagine since it's right near his mouth! :/ Hopefully it's much better by tomorrow! :] I'd probably FREAK if one ever got my son and make him sleep with me lol! Then again I scream like a little baby when I see any spider but a daddy long leg.