18 years old first time parent but second child Tenea Due September 19; 1 child; Washington 48 posts
5th Sep '12

I've gone through the whole birth process before but she came early and I didn't get to raise her, she is 4 going on 5 in march 2013... I'm 19 in January 2013 and my son will be here on the 20th of this month I don't know what to expect I'm happy and excited but also terrified that I'm gonna be a bad mother... My boyfriend kevin the father of my soon to be son is a first timer for birth and caring for a child I know he is super excited cause we are having a boy and he has a niece that is two in December that he helps take care of but I don't think it'll be the same because if the baby gets fussy we can't just give him to someone else any advice

jenn♥[+2] 2 kids; Sacramento, California 7599 posts
5th Sep '12

Just take it one day at a time. Dont try to be super mom and then feel bad if you dont feel you are reaching those expectations. Just remember to be patient with each other (and I mean you and the baby and also you and your boyfriend). Its a learning process and it will come to you.

Tenea Due September 19; 1 child; Washington 48 posts
5th Sep '12

Thats defiantly something I'll try to do thanks

jenn♥[+2] 2 kids; Sacramento, California 7599 posts
5th Sep '12
Quoting Tenea:" Thats defiantly something I'll try to do thanks"

No problem :)
and also dont forget to communicate with your boyfriend. this will be new to the both of you so dont be afraid to express what your feeling or what you need from the other.

Tenea Due September 19; 1 child; Washington 48 posts
5th Sep '12

I do that plenty and sometimes get emotional
Because I'm pregers and he listens and then he usually says ik ur just hormonal crazy an thats why sometimes its hard to understand u but I get what u mean