9.11 Capt Plzen, Pl, Czech Republic 9110 posts
11th Sep '12

The newscasts and speeches ill never forgot.

September 11, 2001
Hijackers crash two airliners into the World Trade Center in New York. A third strikes the Pentagon, and a fourth crashes in a field in rural Pennsylvania. More than 3,000 people are killed in the terror attacks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lKZqqSI9-s

September 14, 2001

The Bullhorn speech... "I can hear you, the rest of the world hears you, and the people ...and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OCgMPX2mE&feature=player_embedded

September 20, 2001
In an address to a joint session of Congress, President Bush declares, "Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSPbzitPL8

October 7, 2001
The U.S. begins bombing Afghanistan. In a televised address, President Bush tells the nation: "On my orders, the United States military has begun strikes against al Qaeda terrorist training camps and military installations of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. These carefully targeted actions are designed to disrupt the use of Afghanistan as a terrorist base of operations, and to attack the military capability of the Taliban regime."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-St8s9RKEU&feature=related

March 18, 2003
In a televised speech, President Bush gives Saddam Hussein 48 hours to leave Iraq, or the U.S. will begin military action "at a time of our choosing."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xycyq2j8JI&feature=related

March 20, 2003
90 minutes after the 48-hour deadline expires, at 5:30 am local time, explosions are heard in Baghdad. President Bush announces that he has ordered the coalition to launch an "attack of opportunity" against specified targets in Iraq.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OCvq-x6pZ0

Shock and Awe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLWakcUp43Q
^^watching this still chills me to the bone.

May 1, 2011
Presidential address concerning the death of Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmCtoz5tuEw

Phallus Cranium cocksuck, LA, Sri Lanka 109258 posts
11th Sep '12

:cry:

khigh 1 child; Fort Sill, Oklahoma 8101 posts
11th Sep '12

This is the one that I will never forget. It was short, sweet, and impromptu and made me so proud to be an American.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OCgMPX2mE

S♡J=Malachi 1 child; 3 angel babies; Florida 3278 posts
11th Sep '12

It is sad & close to home but I feel that the victims & their family got justice in May when they killed Bin Linden

user banned 1 child; Nunya, CA, United States 6369 posts
11th Sep '12

I watched some videos this morning. I listened to a man talk to a 911 operator ...as he died and the 2nd tower collapsed.

I bawled my face off.

If I hear "we got what we deserved" from ONE MORE AMERICAN today....

And you know, 9/11 did what it set out to do. It chipped away at our economy, made us distrust our leaders and pitted American against American.

It was the saddest day in American history, that I have been around to witness.

God help us, because we are still a mess.

Phallus Cranium cocksuck, LA, Sri Lanka 109258 posts
11th Sep '12
Quoting ~Julie Blue Eyes~:" I watched some videos this morning. I listened to a man talk to a 911 operator ...as he died and the ... [snip!] ... It was the saddest day in American history, that I have been around to witness. God help us, because we are still a mess."

I think I would probably smack a face if someone said to me that the US got what they deserved.

People from like 80 countries died in 9/11, ffs

11th Sep '12
Quoting ~Julie Blue Eyes~:" I watched some videos this morning. I listened to a man talk to a 911 operator ...as he died and the ... [snip!] ... It was the saddest day in American history, that I have been around to witness. God help us, because we are still a mess."

That's why I'm a 9/12er. I want to remember 9/11, but I REALLY want people to remember 9/12/2001 when the nation came together and everyone stood in line to give blood and you hugged strangers. That was a proud day to be an American.

The only day for me that is worse is April 19th. It is the day I learned about terrorism and lost my uncle.

Blaine Edwards 1 child; Georgia 13858 posts
11th Sep '12

i haven't been able to watch any news this morning, but i plan on watching when i get home.
the worst memory i have, is an ex o-worker whose office was across the street from the towers - emailing pictures of people jumping to their deaths.
we all saw those on the broadcasts, but these were close-ups.
i'll never forget that. and my rage at her for blasting the pictures around like gd souvenirs.

Capt Plzen, Pl, Czech Republic 9110 posts
11th Sep '12

Ill never be able to shake those images of those poor people jumping either..
makes my heart drop into my stomach even thinking about it.

one of the top things that sticks out in my mind is the night we bombed Baghdad.. i remember feeling so idk... happy? Like they got what the deserve. -- now i feel nothing but utter sadness, scared even, and slightly embarrassed..

and then, of course i remember the day we killed Usama.

11th Sep '12
Quoting khigh:" That's why I'm a 9/12er. I want to remember 9/11, but I REALLY want people to remember 9/12/2001 when ... [snip!] ... be an American. The only day for me that is worse is April 19th. It is the day I learned about terrorism and lost my uncle."

i like that..

i too, was proud to be an American.

11th Sep '12

They are reading the names now. :(

user banned 1 child; Nunya, CA, United States 6369 posts
11th Sep '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting khigh:</b>" That's why I'm a 9/12er. I want to remember 9/11, but I REALLY want people to remember 9/12/2001 when ... [snip!] ... be an American. The only day for me that is worse is April 19th. It is the day I learned about terrorism and lost my uncle."</blockquote>

That is why it bothers me so much to see the OCCUPY IDIOTS burn our flag and disrespect this country.

Soldiers AND CIVILIANS alike have died for our freedom (think "flight 93"). If we lived in a 9/12 country now...can you imagine the problems that we WOULDN'T have?

Love. Unity. Hope and grace....but I'm a dreamer.

I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Satin&Roses +1 1 child; Summerville, South Carolina 542 posts
11th Sep '12

Here's what my 14-y.o. self remembers:

I had just started 7th grade Earth Science class, and the principal came over the loudspeaker and said "Teachers, please tune your classroom televisions to channel four. Immediately." And when the picture came through, we saw a rerun of the first plane hitting the tower, and then the second plane hitting the second tower. We all started crying after my teacher turned around and said, "I don't know how to explain this to you, but America has been attacked." I called my mom at work, and she asked if I wanted her to come get me, and I said "No, just be ready to explain this to the three of us when we get home. Why would they attack us? What did we do?" and then we hung up. The biggest things I remember are watching the planes hit, watching the towers fall, going home and finding my dad already there (which was weird because he worked in the Boeing factory two hours away from our house). He was sitting in the blue La-Z-Boy my mom has had since before i was born, his head in his hands, on the verge of tears. Me, being 14 and ADHD, couldn't connect what happened that day with what my dad did for a living until he looked up at me and my sister and whispered, "Girls, I might have built those planes that hit the towers." and then he started to cry. My sister (then 10) and I looked at each other with mirror-image faces of shock and then we crawled up on Dad's lap like we used to when we were smaller, and snuggled with him for four hours until Mom got home with our brother. </3 I have seen my Dad cry all of four times in my life, so I firmly believe 9/11 was caused and executed by terrorists, not our own gov't. That day is imprinted in my memory forever. My husband is serving in the Navy now, and every single day I have a small worry that something like 9/11 will happen again.

Every generation has a "come to Jesus" moment, I think. I also think that the attacks on the WTC towers and the Pentagon and the brave men and women on Flight 93 were a wake-up call to Americans. A call to action agaist the people, groups, and countries that condemn the American way of life and the freedom we enjoy within our boundaries. They threw the first, second, and third punches.... But we have overcome them in more ways than one: The brave men and women on Flight 93, overpowering the terrorists and intentionally crashing the plane into an empty field to avoid taking more innocent American lives, coming to terms with the fact that they weren't going to walk away from this situation nor sit by and passively allow it to happen. They died on their terms, not the hijackers' terms, and for that our country should be forever grateful for the courage and strength they showed in the air that day. The wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa, how we are slowly but surely pushing the terrorists farther and farther away and taking more and more of their power. The lives lost in the Towers, the Pentagon, Flight 93, each and every soldier lost in the wars overseas, should all be remembered, memorialized, and cherished in all of our hearts.

The terrorists wanted to tear our country apart when they planned, executed, and exalted in the events of September 11th, 2001. What they managed to do, rather, is bring us closer together as a country, as a people, and as citizens who renewed our faith in God and the USA with love, and loyalty for our great country, and ignited a fire in our hearts to refuse to allow this to happen anywhere ever again, to anyone, regardless of the cost.

Take a moment today to remember those who died in the Towers, in the Pentagon, the passengers on Flight 93 who so bravely sacrificed everything to save others, the men and women serving in the Armed Forces who protect our freedom and livelihoods every day with their lives, at home and overseas.
Thank God for the first responders from that fateful day: firefighters, policemen and women, hospital workers and EMTs, our soldiers... and THANK GOD FOR THE USA!!!316384_2398870537959_1759358301_n.jpg

11th Sep '12
Quoting khigh:" This is the one that I will never forget. It was short, sweet, and impromptu and made me so proud to be an American. http://www.youtube.coE"

added, im not sure how i didnt include that.

thank you!

11th Sep '12
Quoting khigh:" They are reading the names now. :("

ive been watching the reading of the names since the A's..

never forget. :cry: