80% thinned Rianna Bailey 1 child; Montrose, Colorado 450 posts
13th Sep '12

My doctor said my cervix is 80% thinned out and is expecting me to have this baby this weekend (LOL) what does it mean to be 80% thinned out??

snglemama 4 kids; Georgia 11953 posts
13th Sep '12
Quoting Rianna Bailey:" My doctor said my cervix is 80% thinned out and is expecting me to have this baby this weekend (LOL) what does it mean to be 80% thinned out??"

nothing really. Just means your cervix is thinning.. which is a good sign for dilation.
but.. doctors should never tell anyone when they think they'll have a baby. They're usually wrong.. there's no way to know what hte body will do. How far dilated were you?

snglemama 4 kids; Georgia 11953 posts
13th Sep '12

here's a picture to explain... but it doesn't really tell anyone when you'll go into labor

effacement-dilation-chart-of-3-spanish.j

Rianna Bailey 1 child; Montrose, Colorado 450 posts
14th Sep '12
Quoting snglemama:" here's a picture to explain... but it doesn't really tell anyone when you'll go into labor "

my doctor said Im a fingertip dilated if that! But yesterday he said he stripped my membranes and I dont really get that either lol

britty06 Due March 5; 3 kids; St. Paul, MN, United States 492 posts
14th Sep '12

with my son i was 70% and dialted to a 2... on a friday had membranes stripped... water broke sunday night.

you got lots of dialating to go.

don't bank on him saying this weekend. i'd start walking. that should help it get going.