15 month old with bad cough. Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
16th Sep '12

My 15 month old son has had a cough for the last few days. To me it sounds like whooping cough, but he has had his shot, so I dont think that could be it. It is Sunday today so his Doctor isnt open till tomorrow, and I really dont wanna take him to the ER unless I absolutely have to. His only symptoms are fever and cough with a little bit of wheezing. My thermomitor broke (perfect timing :roll: ) so I dont know exact temp. He feels hot, but not burning up. He also is having alot of trouble sleeping. He trys to sleep, but he whimpers alot. Also, I am 12 weeks pregnant, and I am starting to get it to, so whatever it is it is contagious. Any suggestions on what I can do to help him untill I can get him to his doctors?

Just Andria 4 kids; Houston, Texas 915 posts
16th Sep '12

He xan still get whopping cough after having been imunized. Our peds have always said it tend to make the cases not as sever after the imunization. Take him into the steamy shower it may help clear him up a little bit and if he is feverish give him some motirn or tylenol. If he gets to bad you should really get him checked. I hope he feels better soon!

Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
16th Sep '12
Quoting Just Andria:" He xan still get whopping cough after having been imunized. Our peds have always said it tend to make ... [snip!] ... is feverish give him some motirn or tylenol. If he gets to bad you should really get him checked. I hope he feels better soon!"

Oh wow really? I wish my doc would've warned me before hand lol. If he isnt better by tomorrow, we are taking him to his Doc anyways just incase. And if he gets any worse I will deff take him in tonight! Thanx :D

Just Andria 4 kids; Houston, Texas 915 posts
16th Sep '12
Quoting Soon 2B Mom of 2:" Oh wow really? I wish my doc would've warned me before hand lol. If he isnt better by tomorrow, we are ... [snip!] ... tomorrow, we are taking him to his Doc anyways just incase. And if he gets any worse I will deff take him in tonight! Thanx :D"

I know right! My son had it after he had his shots. Stick to the steam, maybe sleep him on an incline if he will. if he gets to gaspy take him in to the er. Hopefully its just a normal cold and can wait till tomorrow. Poor lil guy!hope you both feel better soon

Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
16th Sep '12

I hope so. Also, is a sore throat part of it? Cuz he is acting like his throat is hurting him, amd my throat hurts. Actually it feels like my cough is coming from my throat if that makes sence, and it feels kinda like my windpipe is halfway closed. We dont have runny noses either which I found kinda wierd since we are coughing...