17 pregnant and scared :( Alisonmarie Due December 24 (girl); Glendale, Arizona 35 posts
19th Sep '12

I'm 17 and 26 weeks pregnant. I am scared out of my witts! It wasn't as bad in the beginning, but now I am freaking out every day.
I'm afraid of growing up so fast and I'm afraid I'm going to be a bad Mom!
I have anxiety attacks all the time and I've been sooo nervous.

I want to keep her so badly, but I'm so scared.. I don't know what to do..
Adoption is a option, but I would regret it forever. I already love her so much.

I'm sick of all this anxiety and I don't know what to do.. :(
Anyone have any ideas?

Evelyn & Owens Mama Due April 7 (boy); 129 kids; Bettendorf, Iowa 4132 posts
19th Sep '12

i felt like that too. and i pulled through, and struggled. but it was worth it.

diiamondchula 18 kids; Toms River, New Jersey 754 posts
19th Sep '12

Chances are even though you say adoption is an option you wont give the baby up for adoption the moment you see the baby;; i say that yes its scarey to grow up and stop being a kid to be a mom, but its the most rewarding i promise

user banned 33 kids; British Columbia 2986 posts
19th Sep '12

Everyone worries about being a shitty mom. If you want to keep her, yeah it will be harder and you will have to grow up faster, but it will be worth it. Just focus on doing the best for you both.

Mama of three babes 3 kids; New York 1257 posts
19th Sep '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Alisonmarie:</b>" I'm 17 and 26 weeks pregnant. I am scared out of my witts! It wasn't as bad in the beginning, but now ... [snip!] ... it forever. I already love her so much. I'm sick of all this anxiety and I don't know what to do.. :( Anyone have any ideas?"</blockquote>

Your 17 and pregnant its a scary situation. Your young and haven't even had the chance to grow up. I was 19 when I had my first and I was scared and it was hard. I gave up a lot to be a good mom, I barely saw friends, didn't go out much and I busted my ass and still am in work and school. It changes your life forever. I love my kids and I don't regret having them or having my son young, but it does take sacrifices and work. My oldest is 9 now and I'm going on my third child who is due soon. I love being a mommy and I love my kids more than anything. You just need to make a decision that is right for you and your baby.

Bad Things 1 child; Blacksburg, SC, United States 17256 posts
19th Sep '12

Everyone gets the jitters closer to the due date.

More than likely, your instinct will switch on as soon as you see that little girl. If you can provide for her, I wouldnt worry and just try to relax and enjoy ((the best you can)) the rest of your pregnancy.

1inpink2inblue Switzerland 11961 posts
19th Sep '12

I felt like that with my first. Don't worry. Love her and the rest will come. Do you have a support system?

luvmy2grlz&boy! 19 kids; Neepawa, Manitoba 2371 posts
19th Sep '12

You do what you feel is right for you. I don't think that adoption is as hard as it was years ago. Saying that, I mean you can find a family that is willing to do an "Open Adoption". This way you still have some contact and can see how he/she grows up.

Also, if you were to choose adoption, doesn't mean you don't love your baby, just means you want what is best. Adoption is a very selfless act.

Maybe you could find a counselor to talk to. Someone that you can talk to and confide in.

In the end, choose the best path for you. :)

Bai & Delilah's Mom 2 kids; Duncanville, Texas 1153 posts
19th Sep '12

I was 17 when I was pregnant with my DD1.
I know how you feel. Its hard to grow before your supposed to. The second you found out you were pregnamt your life changes. You never to get the teenage experiences all your friends will have. But the joy of having that baby will help. And no mom knows what they are doing at first, its all a learning experience. I dealt with PPD after bailee so I had a hard time adjusting but I love my girls.

White Chocolate Milk 1 child; Chelsea, Alabama 12303 posts
19th Sep '12

I would suggest maybe contacting an adoption counselor or agency just to get some information. You can have an open adoption where you can keep up with pictures and visits but it allows you to still be 17. Raising a child is hard at any age, but it comes with more struggles the younger you are it seems. It isn't impossible to do, several people do it all the time, but getting proper information about adoption can help you.

Mrs.O! 18 kids; your moms ass, HI, United States 21470 posts
19th Sep '12

It's good that you're scared, it shows that you aren't naive to what is going on..and for the fear of being a bad mom that also shows that you are so concerned about this baby that you want her to have the best and you have fears that you aren't the best...

you are going to have to grow up but if you decide to keep your child you will have all the amazing moments(and I'm not gonna lie, bad ones too) with this baby and you'll never regret choosing to parent....good luck.

Rianna Bailey 1 child; Montrose, Colorado 450 posts
19th Sep '12
Quoting Alisonmarie:" I'm 17 and 26 weeks pregnant. I am scared out of my witts! It wasn't as bad in the beginning, but now ... [snip!] ... it forever. I already love her so much. I'm sick of all this anxiety and I don't know what to do.. :( Anyone have any ideas?"

You do what you think is best. Im 15 and due here in a few days I was scared as hell too but Im so excited because I know Im gunna be the best for my baby girl.

gardensparrow Colorado, 40, United States 22 posts
20th Sep '12

Oh, my heart went out to you as I read your post. Being scared and a bit anxious right now is totally normal! But, I would encourage you to find some support and not go through this pregnancy alone. So, I'm not sure where the father of your baby is, but I hope you have some friends or family members to help you through this time? Maybe it would also be helpful to get in touch with a local pregnancy resource center. They usally have a lot of assistance available for women in your shoes and might be able to help you connect with others who can encourage you. And, I know from my time working at Focus on the Family that you can locate one in your area by calling OptionLine (800-712-HELP) or checking out their website. Lastly, sometimes churches are good sources of help and support when you're facing an unexpected pregnancy. So, that might also be something to look into. Well, I will definitely be praying for you! Hang in there!