5 Years ago Monday. Belle De Jour Due October 8 (boy); 2 kids; Kentucky 17903 posts
29th Sep '12

Wow. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. 5 whole years since I've heard you crack a joke, watched Law and Order with you and Grandma, heard your voice and seen your smile (and what a great smile it was).
I miss you. I actually still think about you a lot. It's amazing how even though you weren't a biological Grandfather to me that you were more of a Grandfather to me than my real ones.
I hate that you are gone. I hate that Grandma is still suffering so much. Your death effected the whole family so greatly and in a way I think that is good. You had so many friends and family who loved you. You touched SO many people. You were a great man.
I miss you Grandpa. And the fact that Monday will be the 5 year mark makes my heart clench. I miss you. But I will never forget you <3

user banned 2 kids; North Pole, Alaska 12410 posts
29th Sep '12
Quoting Reilly and Lila's Mommy:" Wow. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. 5 whole years since I've heard you crack a joke, watched ... [snip!] ... Grandpa. And the fact that Monday will be the 5 year mark makes my heart clench. I miss you. But I will never forget you <3"

This hit close to home.

I'm sorry you lost such a special loved one.

Belle De Jour Due October 8 (boy); 2 kids; Kentucky 17903 posts
29th Sep '12
Quoting Serena van der Woodsen:" This hit close to home. I'm sorry you lost such a special loved one."

Thank you.
He and his family have been more of a family to me than most of my real family. And even though I haven't been legally part of their family for close to 10 years I count them as my real family.
He was a great man and did so much for so many people. I miss him. I wish he didn't have to go.