2 potential fathers. What did I do :( .::One_Love_Mama::. Due May 24; 2 kids; Texas 2607 posts
2nd Oct '12

I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant...problem is, I slept with 2 people 8 days apart. One of them being my husband(we have been separated for over a year). Both men know the situation & both feel like the baby belongs to my husband due to these facts...I had sex with man "a" who is not my husband on aug 25th. I ovulated Sept 1st, and had sex with husband on sept 2nd. My husband & I want to work things out & he wants to raise the baby regardless of who the father is. I'm really hoping it's my husbands baby. I feel like one of those people on Maury. I use to watch that show & think "geeeez how close together did that woman sleep with these men that she doesn't know who the dad is?!" now I know. It's a horrible feeling, makes me feel trashy. Idk the point of this post, I guess just to vent & maybe get some input from anyone else who has been in this mess.

Phallus Cranium cocksuck, LA, Sri Lanka 108769 posts
2nd Oct '12
Quoting .::One_Love_Mama::.:" I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant...problem is, I slept with 2 people 8 days apart. One of them being my husband(we ... [snip!] ... trashy. Idk the point of this post, I guess just to vent & maybe get some input from anyone else who has been in this mess."

If you are sure of your ovulation date, it's probably your husbands.

I hope you can work things out

user banned 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4666 posts
2nd Oct '12

Only way to know for sure is to test. Good luck.

greenmamabecky☮ TTC since Jul 2013; 18 kids; Enfield, Connecticut 20987 posts
2nd Oct '12

I had sex with 2 guys one day apart :?
You're not anything like those people on Maury lol and neither am I!
Shit happens, people make mistakes. There is a blood test you can get done
http://www.dnacenter.com/paternity/prenatal-testing.html
Very easy and no risk to baby, and you can do it as early as 9 weeks pregnant but it is expensive. Good luck!!

♥MomToSilas+1♥ Due December 9; 1 child; ., IL, United States 11478 posts
2nd Oct '12

If you're 100% positive of your ovulation date then its more likely your husbands.

Hope it all works out

Just Andria 4 kids; Houston, Texas 915 posts
2nd Oct '12

LOL@ your Maury reference. Your not trashy untill you go on the show. ;o)
Hopefully it all works out with you and your husband. Did you have your pregnancy dated by ultrasound?

de--activated Andorra 715 posts
2nd Oct '12
Quoting .Colleen.:" If you are sure of your ovulation date, it's probably your husbands. I hope you can work things out"

Probably not, if she ovulated before having sex with her husbands it might be the other mans. You cannot play catch up with an egg if it has already been fertilized by someone else. She had sex with him on Aug 25th now if she was surely in fact fertile the sperm can survive a min. of 5-7 days and that was 7 days exact. Once that happens the egg hardens not letting anymore sperm enter and when she had sex with her husband she was prob going through the implantation process already. Unless she ovulated Sep 2nd and it getting her ovulation day wrong which I think she prob has. TEST!

2nd Oct '12
Quoting grizzy:" Probably not, if she ovulated before having sex with her husbands it might be the other mans. You cannot ... [snip!] ... process already. Unless she ovulated Sep 2nd and it getting her ovulation day wrong which I think she prob has. TEST!"

The important part being "can live up to 7 days"

Its more likely that she conceived closer to ovulation.

user banned 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4666 posts
2nd Oct '12
Quoting grizzy:" Probably not, if she ovulated before having sex with her husbands it might be the other mans. You cannot ... [snip!] ... process already. Unless she ovulated Sep 2nd and it getting her ovulation day wrong which I think she prob has. TEST!"

this

.::One_Love_Mama::. Due May 24; 2 kids; Texas 2607 posts
2nd Oct '12

Thank u ladies. We will be getting a test done when the baby is born...we've talked about doing it while I'm pregnant, I think we just need to discuss it more. My husband lives in a different state & I'm planning on moving back there with him & our 2 daughters. For those of u who kno my situation with my controlling parents, this will not go over well! For those who don't know, I live on my own, pay all my bills, rent, everythig without their help. Bit ever since I moved down here after DH & I separated, they have controlled everything I've done. My mind is already set, I'm moving. I told my landlord & my boss that I'll be gone at the end of the month.

2nd Oct '12

I'm just saying it's really good to chart these things... Like my DF sperm lasted for 3-4 days and still got me on my O day a.k.a. Baby Lorelai coming soon.

.::One_Love_Mama::. Due May 24; 2 kids; Texas 2607 posts
2nd Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting .Colleen.:</b>" The important part being "can live up to 7 days" Its more likely that she conceived closer to ovulation."</blockquote>

This is what I was thinking too. Everything I've read says sperm can live for 3-5 days, 7 days in "perfect conditions". And the fact that I ovulated on the 1st, the egg survives for 24-48 hours after it's released, seems like my husband would have a better chance. But the obvious is, we won't know for sure until we get a test done.

2nd Oct '12
Quoting .::One_Love_Mama::.:" <blockquote><b>Quoting .Colleen.:</b>" The important part being "can live up to 7 ... [snip!] ... seems like my husband would have a better chance. But the obvious is, we won't know for sure until we get a test done."

You can still try to test before the baby to put your mind at ease but it's good that your husband is there for you, not a lot of women have that.. Good Luck!

A, E & W's mommy 4 kids; 1 angel baby; Bulgaria 16438 posts
2nd Oct '12

It's not a minimum of 5--7 days, it's a maximum of 6 days, and an egg lives for 24 hours after ovulation so there is actually a much greater chance (like to the point where it's nearly impossible that it belongs to the other man) that it belongs to her husband

2nd Oct '12
Quoting .::One_Love_Mama::.:" <blockquote><b>Quoting .Colleen.:</b>" The important part being "can live up to 7 ... [snip!] ... seems like my husband would have a better chance. But the obvious is, we won't know for sure until we get a test done."

exactly