1 year old question. P & L's Momma 2 kids; Minneapolis, Minnesota 3812 posts
3rd Oct '12

Is it normal for him to have tantrums already? I thought that wouldn't start until closer to 2...he just turned 1 a couple weeks ago.

Norah&Ellie's Momma 2 kids; Kentucky 4175 posts
3rd Oct '12

My 15mo throws at least 4-6 fits on the daily.

Ronnie RadKat 4 kids; Arizona 22168 posts
3rd Oct '12

My son is almost 18mos and he's been throwing fits since about 9 or 10 months, they have increased since then though

P & L's Momma 2 kids; Minneapolis, Minnesota 3812 posts
3rd Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting jordan.ℓeigh✿:</b>" My 15mo throws at least 4-6 fits on the daily."</blockquote>

So not looking forward to that, lol. He just had one real fit today and that hasn't happened before.

P & L's Momma 2 kids; Minneapolis, Minnesota 3812 posts
3rd Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Spencer Pratt:</b>" My son is almost 18mos and he's been throwing fits since about 9 or 10 months, they have increased since then though"</blockquote>

Huh, never knew it started so early. Then again I haven't been around small children very much.

He just had his first real fit today and I didn't really know what to do about it.

Norah&Ellie's Momma 2 kids; Kentucky 4175 posts
3rd Oct '12
Quoting Beatrix Kiddo:" <blockquote><b>Quoting jordan.ℓeigh✿:</b>" My 15mo throws at least 4-6 ... [snip!] ... So not looking forward to that, lol. He just had one real fit today and that hasn't happened before."

Yeah, it gets pretty horrible sometimes. DD stomps her feet and everything. And she smacks me. :/ But as far as doing something about it, I just let it run it's course or put her in "time out" just for one minute in her play pen.

Ronnie RadKat 4 kids; Arizona 22168 posts
3rd Oct '12
Quoting jordan.ℓeigh✿:" Yeah, it gets pretty horrible sometimes. DD stomps her feet and everything. And she smacks me. :/ But ... [snip!] ... as far as doing something about it, I just let it run it's course or put her in "time out" just for one minute in her play pen."

yep mine hits me, hits other people, sometimes with toys or whatever is nearby. He throws himself on the ground, pulls my hair or sometimes his own hair. Scratches, bites, pinches. He's a mean little monster when angered.

He gets time out