38 Weeks 5 Days & Still No Labor.. Starting to get depressed Baby Aubrey's Mom 18 kids; Maryville, Tennessee 102 posts
6th Oct '12

So, I'm 38 Weeks & 5 Days and I believe i'm only like half a centimeter or 1 cm. I'm starting to get depressed for a couple reasons. For one, I've had a couple of those "signs of labor" this past week but nothing. I know i'm not considered full term until 40 weeks, but I had an ultrasound done to check the baby's weight and they guessed she was 8lbs 3oz but said that isn't fully correct. I'm trying out the VBAC this time around, but if she doesn't come anytime soon, she will get bigger which will make my risk a little bit higher. They mentioned maybe inducing but I didn't really think that was possible with wanting a VBAC. I'm just worried that something won't happen soon and I'll have to get stuck with another c-section. I refuse to have one if not needed. That's why I had my last one and I don't want it again. What should I do about this feeling depressed, because it really sucks. :(

I'm His Amy He's My Rory 2 kids; Caldwell, Idaho 49343 posts
6th Oct '12

I know it's horrible to hear, but you still have time. Don't believe the ultrasound about size. They're not accurate at all.

As for the depression I can suggest something like complex carbohydrates, they help stimulate production of good chemicals in your brain.

It's another GIRL!! 35 kids; Fort Smith, Arkansas 7307 posts
6th Oct '12

I share the feeling of hoping to go into labor but it not happening! Keep your head up baby will come even if it takes FOREVER!!
I was told if you are trying for a vbac to not get induced....it is better to go late then inducing. Also those ultrasounds can be wayyyyy off! I was told 9lb 8oz with my first and she was 7lb 8oz...my second was 7lb 7oz. I was told most of the time the babies will weigh about the same....

♥Mj&Daryl♥ (boy); 2 kids; Spokane, Washington 2392 posts
6th Oct '12

You still have time Mama! Don't get too depressed about time, baby will let you know when it's time. I know that's hard to hear, but if you want your VBAC then I would suggest waiting it out and seeing what happens. Just because there is no sign yet doesn't mean you can't go from 0-60 and have a successful VBAC :)

What if... 2 kids; Ontario 4587 posts
6th Oct '12

awe I got pretty depressed by the end of my last pregnancy. I went from being excited for my due date, the my due date came and went, I got suuuper sad and the excitement was gone. 13 days overdue she decided was a good time to come haha
I didnt dilate at all until i went into labour. I wouldnt stress out until you're past due.
and like someone said the ultrasounds are not accurate for guessing the babys weight.
cheer up! good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy and I hope you have a safe and succesful delivery! :)

Harleys mommy77 Due December 19 (boy); 1 child; Ohio 226 posts
6th Oct '12

You still have time and those ulta sounds are wrong pretty often. I had an ultra sound with my daughter on my due date and they induced me 4 days later because they said she was well over 9 pounds. She was only 7lb 14 oz. LOL You never really can tell until they come out. Good luck to you on your vbac. I hope it all works out and goes well for you. Try not to be so depressed. The LO knows when they are ready to come into the world. :)

Jamie Horn Due October 11 (boy); 459 posts
6th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Baby Aubrey's Mom:</b>" So, I'm 38 Weeks & 5 Days and I believe i'm only like half a centimeter or 1 cm. I'm starting to ... [snip!] ... why I had my last one and I don't want it again. What should I do about this feeling depressed, because it really sucks. :("</blockquote>

Im 39 weeks and 1 day with no signs on labor and my cervix is completely shut! Looks like my baby will be baking for a while longer. I to had an ultrasound at 37 weeks and they told me he is estimated to weigh 7lbs 7oz. Im going to remain positive and just enjoy my one on one time with my little baby and these last remaining days with the movement in my belly. Try not to get upset and enjoy the rest of ur pregnancy! :)

Celeste Ariel Romero Due July 10; 3 kids; Lamesa, TX, United States 405 posts
6th Oct '12

Im as far as you and still no sign of labor. I haven't been checked but im sure my cervix is still closed. Wait it out you will be fine. Hope all goes well

Tabatha Allen 1 child; Bardstown, Kentucky 504 posts
6th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Baby Aubrey's Mom:</b>" So, I'm 38 Weeks & 5 Days and I believe i'm only like half a centimeter or 1 cm. I'm starting to ... [snip!] ... why I had my last one and I don't want it again. What should I do about this feeling depressed, because it really sucks. :("</blockquote>

Wow!! Our stories are so much alike its scary lol. I am due on the 14th but I'm 2cm dilated. Went to hospital yesterday for contractions all though I was having them they never increased and I was sent home.. my baby weighs exactly 8lbs 3oz right now so I know how the size and a thought of csection is scary.. I'm ready for something to happen but its like my little Guy fights against my contractions and holding on for dear life in there lol