3 year old getting 6 year molars? DumpstEr DiveR TTC since Oct 2010; 34 kids; Illinois 7193 posts
9th Oct '12

My daughter has been acting weird for a few weeks - and tonight she was REALLY complaining and point in her mouth and crying and I felt and I can feel both her bottom 6 year molars coming in! and they arent just a little of the way in they are poking through and huge bumps - will this cause problems with her other teeth? I plan to take her to the dentist to have them checked out!

♥Manda♥ Swan Valley, WA, Australia 29454 posts
9th Oct '12

Wow my 3yr old hasn't even got her 2yr molars.. Let alone any later ones.

I would see a dentist ASAP, that must be so painful :(

~Jekka~ Due May 20; 2 kids; Australia 8863 posts
9th Oct '12

I'd take her to get it checked, just to be safe. But I don't think it would cause any problems. My nephew got his 2 year molars by 18 months, and his teeth are all fine. My daughter started getting her 6year molars just before she turned 5.

DumpstEr DiveR TTC since Oct 2010; 34 kids; Illinois 7193 posts
9th Oct '12
Quoting ~Jekka~:" I'd take her to get it checked, just to be safe. But I don't think it would cause any problems. My nephew ... [snip!] ... 2 year molars by 18 months, and his teeth are all fine. My daughter started getting her 6year molars just before she turned 5."

She got her 2 year molars at 13 months - and my son was late with all of his - didnt get his 6 year molars till 7 years old and his 2 years till about 3 - She is just in a lot of pain wont eat anything but yogurt - def gonna take her in! thank you ladies!

~Jekka~ Due May 20; 2 kids; Australia 8863 posts
9th Oct '12
Quoting DumpstEr DiveR:" She got her 2 year molars at 13 months - and my son was late with all of his - didnt get his 6 year ... [snip!] ... his 2 years till about 3 - She is just in a lot of pain wont eat anything but yogurt - def gonna take her in! thank you ladies!"

Poor little thing! The big ones look so painful coming through. Maybe let her chew on her toothbrush or something. Stick it in the freezer so it's nice and cold for her. Or give her a cold wash cloth to chew on. Hopefully they come through nice and fast for her.