34 weeks and severe lower back pain Allison Ricker 1 child; New Hampshire 52 posts
11th Oct '12

At about 10pm last night I began having a really sharp lower back pain in my right side( it hurt more when I would lay down). I was able to fall asleep but I've been up every hour since because it is such a sharp pain that it wakes me up. It is now 2am and I'm just sitting in bed because I can not get comfortable. The pain is so bad when I'm laying down that when I move it takes my breath away. I don't think it is dehydration because I drink a lot of water throughout the day. Has anyone experienced this? What could it be? What should I do?
Thank you!

Bear's mama ♥ 1 child; Colorado 937 posts
11th Oct '12

My back does that when I have a UTI or kidney infection.. (have PKD)

I don't remember anything like that when I was pregnant, though.

I'd call you O.B just to make sure.
Could be round ligament pains, though.
I'd still call.

Norah&Ellie's Momma 2 kids; Kentucky 4168 posts
11th Oct '12
Quoting Allison Ricker:" At about 10pm last night I began having a really sharp lower back pain in my right side( it hurt more ... [snip!] ... because I drink a lot of water throughout the day. Has anyone experienced this? What could it be? What should I do? Thank you!"

Drink LOTS of water, take some Tylenol and use a heating pad on low heat. If that doesn't help I would def take a trip to L&D because lower back pain can be a sign of labor.

Allison Ricker 1 child; New Hampshire 52 posts
11th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Bear's mama ♥:</b>" My back does that when I have a UTI or kidney infection.. (have PKD) I don't remember anything like ... [snip!] ... that when I was pregnant, though. I'd call you O.B just to make sure. Could be round ligament pains, though. I'd still call."</blockquote>

I also have pressure on my rectum area and I feel nauseated. I don't know it it's early signs of back labor or what. My OB is closed right now so I'd have to go to the hospital... I'm wondering if I should wait it out until the morning

terri alder Due November 19; Chuwar, Australia 18 posts
11th Oct '12

i feel the same, bad pain in my right leg though and my bum is so sore as well!!!! and im 34 weeks!

11th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting terri alder:</b>" i feel the same, bad pain in my right leg though and my bum is so sore as well!!!! and im 34 weeks!"</blockquote>

There is a nerve that is probably being pinched and that's why you are getting the pain through your leg. I have no pain through my leg whatsoever so it's making me think it's not the nerve being pinched

Rhi1973 Due January 9; 4 kids; United Kingdom 36 posts
11th Oct '12

I would go to the hospital if your doctors office is closed, it could be early labour, and if its a uti that can bring on pre term labour to. Better to be safe than sorry. Xox

11th Oct '12

I called my doctor around 2:30am and she told me to go to the hospital. When I arrived they had me take a urine sample and blood work... they thought the pain may have been caused by a kidney but my kidneys were perfect. They hooked me up to the monitor and I was having contractions so they kept me until 8am to make sure the contractions went away. Before baby Landon was breech (he still had time to flip since I'm only 34weeks) but today he is head down, yay! They referred me to a chiropractor to relive the pain in my lower back.