3 Questions. Love Wedge +2 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Waterloo, Ontario 44310 posts
20th Oct '12

1. Toby will be 7 weeks old, 2 weeks corrected, on Tuesday. For the past bit I've gotten into the habit of feeding him and then sitting back on the couch to burp him, then both of us falling asleep. I've noticed the past couple nights that now he doesn't like to sleep while laying down in his bed.

At this age, should I do anything to correct this? I don't mind sleeping on the couch if it means we both get the sleep we need. The last two nights neither of us has slept very well.

2. What types of containers can I buy to store my expressed breast milk in?

3. At 12 days PP I went to the ER for sudden heavy bleeding and intense cramping. It turned out that I had a uterine infection and a blood clot in my uterus. I went through antibiotics and was fine.

For the past few days I've been getting the same types of cramps. I went pee earlier and had some bleeding with a small blobby clot. Could this be my period, or left over PP bleeding? I know BF, or EP in my case, doesn't always equal no period, but I was hoping for some kind of break from it lol.

TIA.

1 child; United Kingdom 1719 posts
20th Oct '12

We co-sleep, DS has a grow bag he sleeps in on top of our covers, babies love it, it's also easier for breastfeeding, when he needs to eat I just roll over and he latches on, we both fall back to sleep together! There are so many good breast milk bags out there that are pre-sterilized for freezing milk, or you can get storage pots to put them in, I prefer the bags, I have some lansinoh ones, they take up less space :)

As for the bleeding I'm not too sure I would check with your doctor!

Love Wedge +2 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Waterloo, Ontario 44310 posts
20th Oct '12
Quoting
20th Oct '12
Quoting Love Wedge +2:" I co-sleep as well and have one of these: He manages to wiggle himself out of it no matter how tight ... [snip!] ... but I'm looking to store the milk in the fridge until it's used. I suppose I could use the bags for that as well. Do they leak?"

Aw bless him they look comfy!! That's how we sleep too and I have achey hips from sleeping on my side, I hate sleeping on my back and wouldn't do it if DS is in the bed. It's shit but I don't know how to prevent it though I'm afraid.
You can get tops for bottles so that you can keep it in the fridge, then you just had to put the teat and lid on, I have some Tommee Tippee ones which are quite useful.
The bags have a double seal so they should be fine in the fridge, the instructions say they recomend you defrosting them in the fridge lying down so I presume they won't leak, I haven't tried it yet :/

Love Wedge +2 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Waterloo, Ontario 44310 posts
20th Oct '12
Quoting
20th Oct '12
Quoting Love Wedge +2:" Where do you buy those little discs? I can't find them separately anywhere."

I got mine off eBay!