37 weeks and ready ncmama12 Due November 10; North Carolina 32 posts
20th Oct '12

Just need some advise... Don't judge :)
Went to the doc Thursday and I was 1cm dilated he didnt say anything about effaced. He said if I went into labor anytime after Thursday they wouldn't stop it because I am "term"... She showed 7lb 6oz on the US and she is head down waaaayyy down ready to go... I have gestational diabetes as well... and severe back pain from a motorcycle wreck 3 years ago and being pregnant has made it worse. The past 2 days I have had a lot of pressure and feels like my hips are being pulled apart as well as bad pains in my pelvic bone area. First and foremost doc said she's healthy as a horse and if I went into labor they wouldn't stop it.... So I am considering taking castor oil to "boost" everything... I have been reading a lot of things about it with the horrible BM's and cramps but I can get over that. She's big and healthy in my belly and that's all that matters to me, but not being able to barely walk anymore, stand up straight, or even bend in any way is really taking its toll on me and I'm BEYOND miserable.... ANY ADVISE?!?!

Mrs. Conan O'Brien 2 kids; Colorado 20919 posts
20th Oct '12

My advice is to wait until at least 40 wks before considering anything like that. You are early.

ρiηkie ρie 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Kentucky 21902 posts
20th Oct '12

22533658.jpg

TabithaB Due November 10 (girl); Clarksville, Tennessee 397 posts
20th Oct '12

Last week was the first week I have felt horrible...but I am willing to hold out until she comes. I want her baked as much as she can in there.

Jessica Fili 1 child; Sanford, Maine 697 posts
20th Oct '12

do what you want but caster oil is a bad idea i dont care what anyone says...if you wanna get that baby out try walking...try sex, try labor cookies, but in the end truth be told that baby wont come until its ready and putting "dont judge" wont stop anyone from judging on this site...totally opend a can of worms for these people good luck!

Leigh Riggins 1 child; Rancho Cordova, California 443 posts
20th Oct '12

i was miserable at 37 weeks also but i was 3 days late..i heard bad things about castor oil..but she will come when shes ready..i know thats not what you wanna hear lol..but just relax..take hot baths or get a massage or a pedicure or somthing

Andi+Andy=Marley+1 2 kids; Fredericksburg, Virginia 4564 posts
20th Oct '12

EveryOne is miserable at the end. Welcome to pregnancy. Wait it out like everyone else

Leigh Riggins 1 child; Rancho Cordova, California 443 posts
20th Oct '12

i was miserable at 37 weeks also but i was 3 days late..i heard bad things about castor oil..but she will come when shes ready..i know thats not what you wanna hear lol..but just relax..take hot baths or get a massage or a pedicure or somthing

Mrs. Conan O'Brien 2 kids; Colorado 20919 posts
20th Oct '12
Quoting Andi+Andy=Marley+1:" EveryOne is miserable at the end. Welcome to pregnancy. Wait it out like everyone else"

yep

homes cool 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Indiana 60938 posts
20th Oct '12

Walk, do squats, have sex....all that is fine.

Don't drink that crap though, really. DH had a bowel movement in utero after his mom drank that stuff. It's not something to play with.

M A M A of ♥ N E Due March 14; 17 kids; 582 posts
20th Oct '12

Castor oil won't do anything she will come when she's ready if anything happens you'll be harming your baby.

~~My Pet Wussy~~ 3 kids; USA 23722 posts
20th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting KBhooper:</b>" Just need some advise... Don't judge :) Went to the doc Thursday and I was 1cm dilated he didnt say anything ... [snip!] ... anymore, stand up straight, or even bend in any way is really taking its toll on me and I'm BEYOND miserable.... ANY ADVISE?!?!"</blockquote>

I'm not sure what you thought the end of Pregnacy was going to be like. Shit sucks ass, but it's what you signed up for.

*Turtles* Due July 27 (girl); 1 child; Someplace, UT, United States 6090 posts
20th Oct '12

The best advice you will ever receive regarding this topic is to be patient!

Rianna Bailey 1 child; Montrose, Colorado 450 posts
20th Oct '12
Quoting KBhooper:" Just need some advise... Don't judge :) Went to the doc Thursday and I was 1cm dilated he didnt say anything ... [snip!] ... anymore, stand up straight, or even bend in any way is really taking its toll on me and I'm BEYOND miserable.... ANY ADVISE?!?!"

Castor Oil won't do anything but give you major diarrhea, I was MISERABLE my whole last trimester and ended up going 6 days after the EDD.. These 3 weeks will go by FAST trust me :)

Mommy of 2 kids (baby bor 2 kids; Victoria, British Columbia 470 posts
20th Oct '12

I heard Castor oil doesnt work. Try walking and sex....just not at the same time LOL. I have also heard that acupuncture will help (sorry for the bad spelling). I had my son at 38 wks hes was fine, just a little jaundais. My friend just had her baby at 40wks n 3 days....he had to stay in the hosp for a few days cause he wasn feeding well. So early or late, theres no way of knowing if baby will have any issue or not! But its not good for you to be in that much pain, good luck momma!