3 weeks after c-section. [Shelly&Dexter&Felix] 2 kids; 1 angel baby; London, United Kingdom 5013 posts
23rd Oct '12

so, 3 weeks ago I had to have a emergancy c-section. my wound is fine and doesn't hurt anymore but it's left me with a "flap". I can't feel my skin on the "flap" over hanging my incision. the skin is numb. is this normal after a c-section? I just asumed the feeling would come back but it seems the be the same as 3 weeks ago still. :?

I'm a tiny person (only just 5ft) and always been pretty skinny but my belly got SO BIG during pregnancy and even though I used creams twice a day as soon as we found out we were pregnant I still got an insane amount of stretch marks. Could the stretch marks be the reason I can't feel the skin? even though all the other stretch marks on the rest of my belly are find and slowly dying down. Cheers for reading :)

user banned Due April 2; Georgia 7200 posts
23rd Oct '12

It's been 16 months since my c-section, and even still where the scar is, is completely numb. I don't really know what you mean by a flap though.

Leah+2 2 kids; Texas 5797 posts
23rd Oct '12

I'm 2 1/2 years after an emergency cesection and still have a numbness directly on my scar. However, it started getting better about 6 weeks PP.

[Shelly&Dexter&Felix] 2 kids; 1 angel baby; London, United Kingdom 5013 posts
23rd Oct '12

what i mean by flap is where my belly got so big the skin is stretched (and now there's no baby in there i look like a deflated balloon!) and now over hangs the scar. My scar isn't numb but the bit of skin that is hanging is. it's weird. Sorry if i'm making no sence. lol. :)

user banned Due April 2; Georgia 7200 posts
23rd Oct '12
Quoting Shell Bannister:" what i mean by flap is where my belly got so big the skin is stretched (and now there's no baby in there ... [snip!] ... hangs the scar. My scar isn't numb but the bit of skin that is hanging is. it's weird. Sorry if i'm making no sence. lol. :)"

Shoot... I definitely know what you're talking about now! That part was never numb on me, just over the scar.

Just Andria 4 kids; Houston, Texas 915 posts
23rd Oct '12

I have never had a c section. It is however normal to have numbness on around the area of any incision. So if the "flap" you are speaking of is near the incision it is likely just a normal thing sometimes it will go away other times it wont.

+Sunshine+ 2 kids; Texas 4149 posts
23rd Oct '12

After both c-sections, my flap area was numb too. When I went to get my staples taken out, doctor said it is just numb from the medicine. And that it would eventually go away. It did, but I forgot when. I don't think I noticed it anymore. But the actual scar is still numb. I think it always will be. Lol

Mrs.Rachael +2.5 Due November 28 (girl); 18 kids; Shreveport, Louisiana 10326 posts
23rd Oct '12

Numbness for me has never gone away. Worst feeling is when you have an itch and you scratch but it's numb so you can't get relief!

kellmcaz Due January 9 (boy); Japan 2 posts
23rd Oct '12

i have exactly the same its called an "apron"and you can have an apronectomy but it gets worse after each section and exercise doesnt help

23rd Oct '12
Quoting Mrs.Rachael +2:" Numbness for me has never gone away. Worst feeling is when you have an itch and you scratch but it's numb so you can't get relief!"

omg i know! i've noticed this, so frustraiting!!

23rd Oct '12

thank you everyone, least i know i'm not the only one! lol.

**mummy** Doncaster, United Kingdom 149 posts
26th Oct '12

I had the flap lol I had my baby 3 months ago, i am also small and slim, its nearly gone but still abit their, you will loose it and i still cant feel the skin around the scar so im not sure why is does it xx