40 Weeks 1 Day! *OctoberMommie* Due October 21 (girl); Beaverton, Oregon 48 posts
23rd Oct '12

I'm 40w1d today and I'm a first time mom. I'm dilated to a 2 and I got period like cramps last night and still have them today. Not sure if its a sing before the real contractions start. But is there anything I can do at home to speed up labor, my ob wont be here next week shes going on vacation and I want her to deliver my baby sometime this week... Nothing so far is helping I've done squats, speed type walk, sex, raspberry leaf tea, evarything and NOTHING is helping me so far... My fiance leaves on Sunday out of town on his job and would also like him to be here for the birth of out first child.. Any help would be really helpful..
Thanks.

Not here to please you 3 kids; Jacksonville, Florida 2214 posts
23rd Oct '12

Nothing you really can do. Babies come when they want too. I can understand irritation but nothing says it wont come this week. But due dates arent always right.

Kami Cantwell Due December 21; Post Falls, Idaho 8 posts
23rd Oct '12
Quoting *OctoberMommie*:" I'm 40w1d today and I'm a first time mom. I'm dilated to a 2 and I got period like cramps last night ... [snip!] ... on his job and would also like him to be here for the birth of out first child.. Any help would be really helpful.. Thanks."

Well if you cut out caffeine through out the pregnancy then you could start downing coffee and soda period like cramps are a sign of early labor if you dont want to do the caffeine you could take long long walks it helps the cervix expand or a birthing ball does the same thing, also try getting on all fours and rocking back and forth almost like a crawling motion without actually lifting your arms any thing that will move your hip and cervix area will help increase labor!! Good Luck!!

*OctoberMommie* Due October 21 (girl); Beaverton, Oregon 48 posts
23rd Oct '12
Quoting Kami Cantwell:" Well if you cut out caffeine through out the pregnancy then you could start downing coffee and soda ... [snip!] ... without actually lifting your arms any thing that will move your hip and cervix area will help increase labor!! Good Luck!!"

I will try the all fours. I walk atleast 3 miles around the track every day.. The walking thing isn't doing anything.. Lol.. I cut a lot of soda/coffee 3 months ago cause it makes me sick.. N haven't drank since cause I hate throwin up all the time.. I never had morning sickness either and just hope all goes well.. THanks for the advice.. I will for sure try..

Ohh and I forgot to add Spicy food to my list above...

♥MomToSilas+1♥ Due December 9; 1 child; ., IL, United States 11662 posts
status 23rd Oct '12

Honestly nothing will help unless your body is ready.

23rd Oct '12
Quoting *OctoberMommie*:" I will try the all fours. I walk atleast 3 miles around the track every day.. The walking thing isn't ... [snip!] ... hope all goes well.. THanks for the advice.. I will for sure try.. Ohh and I forgot to add Spicy food to my list above..."

The last thing you want do is go into labor and that spicy food come back haunt you.

23rd Oct '12
Quoting Carla DiFiore:" The last thing you want do is go into labor and that spicy food come back haunt you. "

I always ate spicy food since before day one.. Doesn't do anything to mee.. Lol..

23rd Oct '12
Quoting *OctoberMommie*:" I always ate spicy food since before day one.. Doesn't do anything to mee.. Lol.."

No I'm talking about if you go into labor with that on your stomach.

23rd Oct '12
Quoting Carla DiFiore:" No I'm talking about if you go into labor with that on your stomach."

I might shitt? yea and lol almost every woman does.. Lol. U just don't know cause they clean u up and dnt make a scene about it... lol..

23rd Oct '12
Quoting *OctoberMommie*:" I might shitt? yea and lol almost every woman does.. Lol. U just don't know cause they clean u up and dnt make a scene about it... lol.."

lol. I puked labor sucked but the baby afterwards is totally worth it.

23rd Oct '12
Quoting Carla DiFiore:" lol. I puked labor sucked but the baby afterwards is totally worth it. "

Really? I only heard of one of my friends puking.. WHat did you have to do?

23rd Oct '12
Quoting *OctoberMommie*:" Really? I only heard of one of my friends puking.. WHat did you have to do? "

Sex and walking afterwards . Not be naste but the sperm soften your cervix . I dont know if it was fluke or what but 4 days later after repeating that my water broke. Well nobody told me not eat before hand , and I didnt puke with my daugther. But I puked in labor with my son , the contractions were so bad I was puking for couple hours til I got my epidural.