9 weeks [pics!] P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
24th Oct '12

So, I'm 9 weeks now.

Still have all my symptoms (b**bs feel like swollen cannon-balls of ouch), but my nausea has gotten MUCH worse---I've never actually puked with morning sickness before (although I've had it so bad I couldn't eat at all, I've never actually vomited until now!). With my DS1 I lost 25 lbs because I was so ill that putting food near my face made me gag, but I had a lot extra to lose and was able to eat in the evenings enough to let him grow and thrive. This time I've lost zero pounds, but I've puked three times now! I'm getting pretty ill around the clock too, but only actually barfing in the evenings (so weird! and its BEFORE I take my vitamins, so that's not causing it!).

My belly is firming up eve more---still partially bloat (and my tummy wasn't totally flat to begin with), but I'd say its more 50% firm, 25% bloat, 25% fat. My uterus is even a small visible lump when I lay on my back now. Strangers have not been asking if I'm pregnant, they've been assuming. I went to Walmart and stopped by the deli section and got 4 jalapeno poppers and she said "having a craving, huh?" and i smiled and said "yeah, I love these things" and she said "When my coworker was pregnant she at them a lot too"---I was surprised she realized I was pregnant (I was just wearing a tee and jeans) and asked her how she'd known and she just bent down and looked through the glass and said "It looks obvious from this angle" I've had people stop me to ask if DS1 is excited to be a big brother (which irks me because he's been a big brother since we conceived his brother in May 2011!) and had someone comment on how I was young to have/be having two kids (I'm 28, but apparently look like a teen), and the librarian noticed when I took my son to return his books, etc. Its NUTS! I've been purposefully not posting any pics of me except from the b**bs up on FB because we're not telling just yet (soon!)

I'm picking up the HB on doppler (high 160s, just like my other babies, so I'm convinced baby was sleeping at my first ultrasound where it was in the 140s). I've picked it up several times and always in the 160s!

I am feeling small movements whenever I lay on my tummy with a full bladder (so when I first wake up, basically) or when I have a full bladder and either the laptop or doppler wand pushing my belly. Nothing major, but just tiny flutters and not all the time, just here and there.

We're starting to be excited enough that we're announcing the pregnancy on Halloween morning. Can't wait to get the photos back from the photographer! I'll post here next week (I'll be exactly 10 weeks and if I get a HB that day, we'll have made it further gestationally than we did with ANY of my babies except Smidget and Deagan, so we'll definitely feel better then about at least the first trimester loss part, if only just a little.

So, here's to 9 weeks. The last week wherein I've had a baby stop growing before birth---so just get us through this week without incident and I may be able to keep my sanity until 14+ weeks.

And 2w5d until my next ultrasound.

So here are some photos from this morning to appease those following the journey---

B4F8CDB9-47BA-4F2A-A8B1-6805D1994BDB-769
I got photo-bombed---someone is in love with the baby already :D
40001B94-EED0-4249-9DEB-93FC80DAF32E-769
And a little open mouthed kissing/raspberry blowing going on after that:
25EA75A4-EC03-4CDA-9D6B-A48AABAE04C0-769

And just so I don't have to make an extra thread, here's DH and I 10.5 years ago at my high school prom! I'm 10 years older and 10lbs heavier and a zillion times more experienced at life. But we were so happy then, and still are. I love that goofy man!
80DE3A57-96D0-48E1-B745-58F2D21C1D9F-769

One_Hott_Momma 2 kids; Michigan 779 posts
24th Oct '12

Wow! 9 weeks! Due just a few days after my DD was born. congratulations momma :)

Katie & Clay's Mommy! TTC since Jan 2012; 18 kids; Louisiana 2847 posts
24th Oct '12

I was really glad to see this post! I started talking to you right after I lost my son in December. Haven't seen anything from you in a while. But I am glad to have come across this!! So congrats momma! Love the belly pics lol.

P Pickle Pants 98 kids; California 20522 posts
24th Oct '12
Quoting One_Hott_Momma:" Wow! 9 weeks! Due just a few days after my DD was born. congratulations momma :)"

Thanks. Every week that ticks by I become a little less insane. Only 15 weeks til viability and 25 weeks til the real danger's over and 27 weeks until term!

I was on a cloud for HOURS after I heard the HB last night.
Baby is NOT cooperating for Daddy to hear, though. every time I try to listen with him in the room, the baby hides behind my vein or something!

24th Oct '12
Quoting Katie & Clay's Mommy!:" I was really glad to see this post! I started talking to you right after I lost my son in December. Haven't ... [snip!] ... Haven't seen anything from you in a while. But I am glad to have come across this!! So congrats momma! Love the belly pics lol."

Thanks! I miscarried in February at exactly 9 weeks (our pre-deployment baby) and am now past that mark with my post-deployment baby.

DH is home safe and we're seeing great doctors. Hoping for the best.

I hope all is well with you. Losing a baby is never ever easy, but I hope that you have found some peace and are able to heal just a little---although we both know the pain will always be there just under the surface where only those who know us well can see it.

Amanda[expecting #2!] 2 kids; Texas 286 posts
24th Oct '12

Yay! I'm glad your doing well. :D

...But now I want some jalapeno poppers 8)

24th Oct '12
Quoting Amanda[expecting #2!]:" Yay! I'm glad your doing well. :D ...But now I want some jalapeno poppers 8)"

I'm about to make mozarella sticks and dip them in mango salsa...

Sounds like a decent substitute, right?

Aria Dawn's mommy 33 kids; Texas 1864 posts
24th Oct '12

I'm so happy to see your updates every week! They make my day :) congrats on nine weeks!

24th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting mommy2vanessa:</b>" I'm so happy to see your updates every week! They make my day :) congrats on nine weeks!"</blockquote>

Thanks, hon!!!

That Girl. 2 kids; Florida 4109 posts
24th Oct '12

First off congrats on your baby :)

Second off you and your dh are a beautiful couple!

24th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting That Girl.:</b>" First off congrats on your baby :) Second off you and your dh are a beautiful couple!"</blockquote>

Thanks!

And thanks. He asked me to grow my hair back out like that. He said he misses his girlfriend!

Miles Joseph ♡ 1 child; 2 angel babies; Elizabeth, WV, United States 5929 posts
24th Oct '12

I love your belly (:

24th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Venus p***s Trap.

Miles Joseph ♡ 1 child; 2 angel babies; Elizabeth, WV, United States 5929 posts
24th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting P Pickle Pants:</b>" <blockquote><b>Quoting Venus p***s Trap.

24th Oct '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting Venus p***s Trap.