39 weeks and nothing i need hope ! Alicia Carrillo Due November 6 (boy); Lemon Grove, California 8 posts
31st Oct '12

so i am 39 weeks and i am not dilated and he's head down but still floating im not experiencing any contractions or braxton hicks
im happy i made it this far but i would love to see him
is there any possible way i can go from all this to being in labor or having any changes from day to night ?
btw im a ftm and due november 7

Ellie. 34 kids; Arizona 25371 posts
31st Oct '12

A lot of first time moms can go overdue. It could possibly change overnight, but it will happen soon. Hold on a little longer, the wait will be worth it!

Crystal 3 kids; Hephzibah, Georgia 15427 posts
status 31st Oct '12

It can change in minutes. Don't give up hope, it WILL happen. Most first babies go a little overdue. Take your time now to rest up and get other thins in order so when LO gets here, you won't have anything else to worry about.

Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
31st Oct '12

I was the exact same way, with showing no signs of labor (except I lost my mucus plug three weeks before labor). Then I ended up having really inconsistant contractions all day when I was 39+5, my water broke late that night, and I had my Son the next morning. Sometimes there are little to no signs of labor, but that doesnt mean your LO wont be here anytime. Just hang in there mama!

Nikki+2 2 kids; Colorado Springs, Colorado 11276 posts
31st Oct '12

I can change very quickly. I wasn't dilated with my first at my 39 week check up either and didn't have any signs until the day before labor. I had her one day after my due date.

Tasha129 17 kids; Wisconsin 1325 posts
31st Oct '12

Just enjoy the time you have left. I was sick of being pregnant too, but at 38.5 weeks I ended up with a surprise induction for pre-eclampsia and even though I wanted to meet her, I wasn't ready for it to be over. I wish I would have enjoyed my last days of being pregnant more, because I miss it like crazy now.

Alicia Carrillo Due November 6 (boy); Lemon Grove, California 8 posts
31st Oct '12

thank you ladies ! i feel much better hopefully i get to experience labor naturally
my doctor scheduled me for induction on the 14th a week from my due date if he does not come