Reply
comparing pregnancies mzbri29 Due November 13 (girl); Indiana 5 posts
2nd Nov '12

With my first pregnancy, i went 9 days past my due date and would not diolate at all! so they made me have a c section. Im 38 weeks pregnant now and go into the hosptal on November 9th to have her as a c section. But do you think if i try to induce labor myself it might make her come early. ive stimullated my nipples that gave me craps and shes kicked like crazy. im not trying sex, not currently with her dad. is there anything else i can try with my situation of not being able to go into labor?

Lois. 1 child; Pennsylvania 2653 posts
2nd Nov '12

Did you ask your doctor if you could try a VBAC?
Wait.. do you want to deliver vaginally? Your post is kind of confusing.

wilde_mommy 4 kids; Columbus, Ohio 3459 posts
2nd Nov '12

Because you will need a csection I would not attempt to induce labor on your own. That could end up being dangerous. Just hang in there you only have a few more days

MamaTay[Kennedi] 1 child; Greenville, Texas 4457 posts
2nd Nov '12

See if you can hold off to see if labor will start on its own. Tell the doctor you REALLY want to try a VBAC. Besides, 38 weeks isn't 40. If they're going to do a C section they should atleast have the decency to wait until you are 40 weeks. My water broke on my own at 38.2 and LO was born 38.3.. I made them wait to start pitocin because I wanted my contractions to start on their own. They didn't=[

lil*Mama*Bear 2 kids; Veneta, Oregon 4957 posts
2nd Nov '12

If you go into labor they will still give you a c section. If you don't want one talk to your doc about it asap. I would call on Monday to find out if a vbac is possible. how old is your first child?

Brittanylikesyou 3 kids; California 1988 posts
3rd Nov '12

They can NOT force you into a csection no matter what. If you don't want one then you jabe the right to refuse. Period. If you go into the hospital while in labor, even at a hospital that "bans" vbacs, they legally have no choice but to let you labor if you refuse the surgery.

mzbri29 Due November 13 (girl); Indiana 5 posts
3rd Nov '12

My doctor told me if I go into labor now i will have an emergency c section to be on the safe side. But my first child is 3 years old. If I dont go into labor now no big deal I currently moved back to south bend from argos indiana and I have no choice but to have her in plymouth hospital unless I go into labor I can go to a hospital around where im at. since im having a c section thats a 45 minute drive back to south bend and thats going to be painful! I cant relocate doctors since Im about to have her thats why im trying to make myself go into labor now.

lil*Mama*Bear 2 kids; Veneta, Oregon 4957 posts
3rd Nov '12

<blockquote><b>Quoting mzbri29:</b>" My doctor told me if I go into labor now i will have an emergency c section to be on the safe side. ... [snip!] ... going to be painful! I cant relocate doctors since Im about to have her thats why im trying to make myself go into labor now."</blockquote>




Don't make yourself go into labor! Please. If it even worked it's so much stress on the baby and your body. Also you CAN have a vbac. Your kids are plenty far apart. There is no reason you can't. the doctor is saying c section because it's planned so they don't have to wait around, fast easy and much more money for them. Unless you have a serious health problem that you haven't mentioned you can do it. They can't force you to get a spinal and a c section. If it's just because you had one 3years ago, you are fine. I was so close to the cut off I am doing a repeat. 12mo between births is the recommended time. My kids will be 13. don't let someone tell you what you can do with your baby and your body!

mzbri29 Due November 13 (girl); Indiana 5 posts
3rd Nov '12

Yeah I think I am just going to wait. because it is only stressing me out and i get frusterated. So looks like I will be seeing this little girl on November 9th! thank you guys for the advice :))