6 weeks postpartum second kid pics!!! user banned
5th Nov '12

Here are my postpartum pics. I am 6 weeks on tuesday. I also have a question, I carried super high this time, and postpartum that is where the bulk of the "postpartum bump" is. It still pokes out pretty far above my belly button. Is that just toning i need to pull the muscles back in? Or is it extra fluid, the uterus not back yet? Its not fat i can feel its like my tummy is extra full or something.

Over all I am thrilled with my progress. Last time I was HUGE at this point. I will share pics to compare of last time the progression.

You can see even more in my blog entry, talking about my steps to loving my body and what it is like postpartum for moms... http://tantriclemons.wordpress.com/2012/11/04/steps-to-loving-yourself/

Here is me @ 40 weeks
198792_4303555863224_1284377334_n.jpg?w=
6 weeks this time
IMG_7819.jpgIMG_7820.jpg

Progression last time
progression-1copycopy.jpg?w=870&h=426
and the end result, around 2.5 pp
mms_picture-1.jpg?w=870&h=652

I am not even in a hurry to start this time. Because I am starting at a WAY better place. My body worries are non-existent. I know I am going to get back to where I want!

I♥RYLEIGH 49 kids; Windsor, Ontario 10437 posts
5th Nov '12

That's the cutest belly I have ever seen! :D

And good luck with your progress, I'm sure you'll do fantastic. Your 6wk pp pic is impressive!

Ellie Goulding 1 child; London, --, United Kingdom 4688 posts
5th Nov '12

Wow, I'm jealous. You're very pretty. And you look about 24398 times better than I did at 6 weeks pp. :)

user banned Shreveport, Louisiana 66739 posts
5th Nov '12
Quoting shelbylynn [19 WEEKS!]:" That's the cutest belly I have ever seen! :D And good luck with your progress, I'm sure you'll do fantastic. Your 6wk pp pic is impressive!"

<3 thanks I totally love my body even more than I did before my first. When I focus on health not weight it just melts off :) I am 15lbs above pp weight and sure that will be no problem.

5th Nov '12
Quoting VeggieBurglar:" Wow, I'm jealous. You're very pretty. And you look about 24398 times better than I did at 6 weeks pp. :)"

I feel like I look WAY better than last time. Which is a relief. I never imagined I would look this much better than last time O.o

and thank you <3

5th Nov '12
Quoting TantricLemons:" <3 thanks I totally love my body even more than I did before my first. When I focus on health not weight it just melts off :) I am 15lbs above pp weight and sure that will be no problem."

I think you'll do absolutely wonderful!! Keep your mind right and it'll all come. :D

Ellie Goulding 1 child; London, --, United Kingdom 4688 posts
5th Nov '12
Quoting TantricLemons:" I feel like I look WAY better than last time. Which is a relief. I never imagined I would look this much better than last time O.o and thank you <3"

How did you lose your baby weight last time, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a GREAT dieter (almost to the point of being unhealthy lol), and I suck at exercising but since I'm working SO hard at bfing, I don't want to risk my supply taking a hit.

5th Nov '12
Quoting shelbylynn [19 WEEKS!]:" I think you'll do absolutely wonderful!! Keep your mind right and it'll all come. :D"

:)

oh and p.s. love the graphic on slut shaming, that was a concept that I wasn't anywhere near grasping at your age (i am guessing your age round abouts)

Have you ever seen the documentary Miss Representation? I bet you would love it. I seriously cried while watching it.

5th Nov '12
Quoting VeggieBurglar:" How did you lose your baby weight last time, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a GREAT dieter (almost ... [snip!] ... unhealthy lol), and I suck at exercising but since I'm working SO hard at bfing, I don't want to risk my supply taking a hit."

Breastfeeding, and diet (i hate the term diet because it was more of a food transformation, trying to eat at least 50% of my food raw, cooking with whole ingredients, making healthier choices, drinking a gallon of water a day)
I didn't start to loose until 6mpp (because when kids start taking more solids in your body will start to let go of weight) then just kept on keeping on
(still bf my first, she is 3.5)

5th Nov '12
Quoting TantricLemons:" Breastfeeding, and diet (i hate the term diet because it was more of a food transformation, trying to ... [snip!] ... taking more solids in your body will start to let go of weight) then just kept on keeping on (still bf my first, she is 3.5)"

I didnt exercise >.<

Stephloveslynden Due August 2 (boy); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; California 24423 posts
5th Nov '12

Looking good!! I think the belly bump you were referring will go down in a few weeks/months. It is likely swelling. After I had Caroline, I lost all the weight in the hospital, I came home only about 5lbs over my pp weight. By 2 weeks pp I was at my pre-preg weight but I still had that bump. Even by the time I was under my pre-pregnancy weight (about 8-10 weeks pp) I still had the little bump while the rest of me continued to get thin. Honestly, my tummy flab with Alice didn't go away until 13 months pp and I was eating healthy and working out with Caroline I noticed it gone sooner (before a year) but I forgot exactly when- with her I was working out more.

5th Nov '12
Quoting TantricLemons:" :) oh and p.s. love the graphic on slut shaming, that was a concept that I wasn't anywhere near grasping ... [snip!] ... abouts) Have you ever seen the documentary Miss Representation? I bet you would love it. I seriously cried while watching it."

No but I'm going to see if I can find it online! I live right near toronto and they have the walks there every year. I want to make my way up there and be a part of it!

5th Nov '12
Quoting Steph+Alice+Caroline:" Looking good!! I think the belly bump you were referring will go down in a few weeks/months. It is likely ... [snip!] ... working out with Caroline I noticed it gone sooner (before a year) but I forgot exactly when- with her I was working out more."

I totally feel like its swelling. Its not fat at all. That makes me feel better that it will go away. I was like hmmm well i know my uterus should be back, wtf.

5th Nov '12
Quoting shelbylynn [19 WEEKS!]:" No but I'm going to see if I can find it online! I live right near toronto and they have the walks there every year. I want to make my way up there and be a part of it!"

You should, its an amazing group of people to be around. (we have them here to).
I can find the link to the vid if you want.

5th Nov '12
Quoting TantricLemons:" You should, its an amazing group of people to be around. (we have them here to). I can find the link to the vid if you want."

That'd be great!