35 weeks and most likely to deliever! NeverGiveUpHope 1 child; Orem, Utah 136 posts
5th Nov '12

Hey ladies! I just wanted to hear your stories if you have had your LOs come early!(34/35weeks early!)

How much did he or she weigh?
NICU stay was how long?
Any long term problems?
Any problems during delievery?

Thank you so much! Just getting a little worried about my little girl she apparently wants to meet her mommy and daddy sooner than we would like!

MY STORY:

I'm due December 10th! AndI'm 35weeks today(yay!) I have had issues all weekend and was in L&D 3times. I'm dialated to a 3 and 90%effaced. I went from 1cm 70% Monday at 8pm night to 3cm 90% Sunday at 5am. I was on medications to stop contractions as needed and on bedrest through the weekend.
Contractions started on an off all Saturday ended up back in for about 12 hours at 5am on Sunday went home about 6pm. I'm on medications every 4hours(I have to wake up at night) to stop the contractions. They get to be about 3minutes apart without them and then start intensifying.
Well I received the steriod shot Saturday and the second dose last night at 9pm so I'm hoping my little girl stays in until atleast tonight!
I'm now on very strict bedrest, I can go to the restroom get food (but she would like someone with me to help)I can shower once a day for 15minutes, but I need to be sitting.

Soon 2B Mom of 2 2 kids; North Highlands, California 3785 posts
5th Nov '12

Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way!!! Hope your LO will cook a bit longer!!

Carter, Gianna, Blake & S Due April 25; 3 kids; Lakeland, Florida 10997 posts
5th Nov '12

had my baby girl at 35 weeks...she was 5lbs 15oz and only went to.nicu for 24hrs for observation....then w me...no extra time.

my son at 36 weeks was 5.14 and spent one extra day to make sure he was taking two oz per feeding

Chandra LaMae Reese 2 kids; Appleton, Wisconsin 269 posts
5th Nov '12

Had my daughter at 35 weeks 6 days and she weighed 7 lbs 10.8 ounces....we went home the same day I had her!

user banned SAN FRANCISCO, CA, United States 24574 posts
5th Nov '12

How much did he or she weigh? He weighed 6lbs 8oz & was born @ 34w 3d
NICU stay was how long? No NICU. Went home in the norm 48 hours. We did have to take a billiblanket with us for the weekend to help with his jaundice.
Any long term problems? Possibly. He was recently diagnosed w/severe high frequency hearing loss. It's something that he was born with and they don't know if it was caused by his prematurity or if whatever caused this defect also caused him to be premature. Chicken or the Egg, kinda thing!
Any problems during delivery? No.

Good luck, Mama!

New.momma2012 Due December 9; Sacramento, California 76 posts
5th Nov '12

Quoting NeverGiveUpHope:" Hey ladies! I just wanted to hear your stories if you have had your LOs come early!(34/35weeks early!) ... [snip!] ... restroom get food (but she would like someone with me to help)I can shower once a day for 15minutes, but I need to be sitting."

good luck sweetie!! Hope everything goes okay! Im due december 10th, 35 weeks today also! I went to the hospital about a week ago for a evaluation and instead it was just dehydration! :/ i want to have him so bad already!

NeverGiveUpHope 1 child; Orem, Utah 136 posts
5th Nov '12

Thanks Ladies! I'm hoping she does great like all of your stories! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! <3

tatesmommy09 2 kids; Illinois 4003 posts
5th Nov '12

Not 35 weeks but I have had two perfectly healthy 36 weekers. Tate was 6 lbs 1 oz and went home after 24 hours. No NICU time.

Bo was 5 lbs 3 oz. We stayed an extra 24 hrs for a little jaundice but she roomed with me the whole time.

I didnt have steroid shots with either children.

GOOD LCUK!!!

Emma+Abby+Logan+Charlotte 4 kids; Oregon 3624 posts
5th Nov '12

My son wasn't a 35 weeker but he was a 36 weeker he weighed 7.5 lbs and didn't have to go to the nicu. I had him in a free standing birth center away from a hospital with no complications he was perfectly healthy.