1 hr gestational diabetes test? Liam&Xander's Mama Due February 28; 1 child; Ohio 1062 posts
5th Nov '12

i can't remember if you are supposed not eat anything for so many hours before it or not? anyone know? i remember with my 1st they told me nothing sweet before the test but if i wanted i could eat something light like a piece of toast (no juice/sweet cereal ect) i have a new dr this time and she never gave me specific guidelines about fasting before it or not. do you think i'll be ok as long as i don't eat after midnight? (appt is at 10 tomorrow) also would water be ok to drink?

user banned Due April 2; Georgia 7200 posts
5th Nov '12

I was told to go about my day as usual. To eat and drink anything that I did before that time on a daily basis. Got to my OB appointment and was given a Pepsi. then I had an hour to get to the lab to have the blood drawn.

user banned 2 kids; Copiague, New York 1881 posts
5th Nov '12

I have one on Thursday. My appt. is at 1 and they told me not to eat or drink anything after 11am. So, NO food or drink 2 hrs. prior to appt.

♥Ashley♥ 3 kids; Texas 4390 posts
5th Nov '12

I have my test tomorrow to. My dr didnt say anything about fasting but all the ladies I work with said I am suppose to lol. No help I'm sorry!!

Ashley; Kenley's Mommy! 1 child; Wisconsin 15117 posts
5th Nov '12

I would have called and asked.for directions. For me I could eat and drink anything I wanted all the way up to one hour before I had to drinking it.

loser mom Due June 24 (twins); 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Oslo, Norway, ,,, Europe 11514 posts
5th Nov '12

some doctors want you to fast, others don't.

Just use good judgement - obviously you don't want to fill up on a ton of sugar before you go in.

user banned Minneapolis, Minnesota 612 posts
5th Nov '12

They told me to eat as normal and I failed slightly and got stuck doing a three hour-not fun! I would eat carefully.

k α y l α 1 child; RISING FAWN, Georgia 421 posts
5th Nov '12

My app was at 830am. I was told to not eat or drink anything after midnight, the night of. I passed mine.

Erica Yutzy 1 child; Red Lake, Ontario 344 posts
5th Nov '12

If they don't say anything just go about your day. It really just comes down to how your body reacts to the drink they give you. It tastes like McDonalds orange pop.